DCI 2021 Countdown

I thought it was worth the drive. The feed was good, but the sound could have been cranked up for all us old timers in the audience of 40 or so. 

Agree with Brian on Acheson, but he didn't really have a whole lot of time to speak. Tammy Faye (lol) chatted on endlessly and spoke over Rondo quite a bit. 

They showed bits of Cavaliers and BC camps. Cavaliers should be fun, Hook-em. I don't think they showed or mentioned BC's props, Lance. 

The highlight for me was the Bluecoats rehearsal, too. It wasn't even the music or the show, but the kids themselves and the looks on their faces - pure magic as every face looked so at home with everything and so glad to be back. 

• Like 6

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

I thought it was worth the drive. The feed was good, but the sound could have been cranked up for all us old timers in the audience of 40 or so. 

Agree with Brian on Acheson, but he didn't really have a whole lot of time to speak. Tammy Faye (lol) chatted on endlessly and spoke over Rondo quite a bit. 

They showed bits of Cavaliers and BC camps. Cavaliers should be fun, Hook-em. I don't think they showed or mentioned BC's props, Lance. 

The highlight for me was the Bluecoats rehearsal, too. It wasn't even the music or the show, but the kids themselves and the looks on their faces - pure magic as every face looked so at home with everything and so glad to be back. 

They’re like that on and off the field.  The vibes are good everywhere at all times.  

• Like 4

I liked several moments:

1. The traditional top-of-event fanfare - the Tom Blair Television Anthem - always gets the heart racing.

2. The Blue Knights rehearsal had the sincere remark that their program will try to capture that moment when you first saw your first drum corps show. 

3. After each of the 5 full-length shows, an analysis of caption placements for the program was shared. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tommynev said:

Bloo looks like they're going to be using similar props to 19. Cavaliers have the stage from 17. Boston is going to have giant video screens on the field to go along with their "Zoom" show. Besides that it was hard to tell. With Phantom they showed the ballad from their 03 show but not this year, and Blue Knights just showed the brass running a chunk with no guard, drums or pit. I thought the whole thing was well put together and the past shows they featured were all good picks.

very cool. about what i expected with being kind of all over the place as far as presentations go. 

I thought the shows were well chosen for the format, and there was enough "this year" to have it make sense for what it was - a marketing tool. Duh.

DCI and the participating corps are using this year as make up for last summer and a soft-launch for next season. In terms of "the health of the activity", well, that's where all of us who aren't marching come in. We're who keeps this thing going for the current members, not DCI. If legacy fans, especially, step up with their participation at shows and their financial support, the activity will be fine. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lance said:

To the performers tonight, a huge thank you. 

Please know how happy dci fans are for all of you.  You all are amazing. 

100% where I am. Whether it’s videos or in person, every note I hear is a note we didn’t get in 2020.  Drum corps is back and we should celebrate every moment. 

• Like 7

So the results are in! My wife’s 90+ year old step-mother is officially a Bluecoats fan! And I had nothing to do with it!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 6

It was a good night. Drum Corps returned to the Cinema, and Corps at Camps looked strong and solid. To see the joy and determination in the faces of the marchers at the Camps of BK, Boston, Bluecoats, Cavaliers, was worth the price of admission alone given what they all have been through. Good luck to all of these Corps that have decided to perform for us this summer. Can't wait for them to get out there. I can tell from the look on their faces, they cant either.

• Like 2