DCI 2021 Countdown

9 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Ugh, what a disappointment! The audio was awful and I don’t know if it was the feed from FloMarching or the theater. My complaint fell upon deaf ears. It sounded like it was one channel coming from the front of the theater. 
I felt Dan Acheson had the chance to instill confidence in the health of the activity but failed miserably. I was wanting him to address how the pandemic set DCI back, how they responded and their plans for the future health of the organization. Zero. Zilch. Nada! You know, some transparency. Between he and Rondo everything is just sunshine and lollipops. Tammy Faye had the chance to give some show details and hype The Academy and their 20th anniversary but basically only said,  Phoenix hot. Well, duh! 
The Bluecoats live rehearsal was fun. Their drum major was the highlight of the live feed. Also, the Phantom Regiment drum major’s segment was first rate. She knew how to instill confidence in the activity. DCI needs a major overhaul and people like her need to take over.

agreed 100% Phantom & Coats DMs were by far my highlight - way too much "designer" speak for my taste

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

100% where I am. Whether it’s videos or in person, every note I hear is a note we didn’t get in 2020.  Drum corps is back and we should celebrate every moment. 

well said!

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

apparently, you were not the only one - my theater (usually uses 2 screens for the normal year DCI kick off and 75% crowds) had it in just one screen with a total of 11 attendees - 2 of which were toddlers who spent the 2 hours crying / whining - it was fantastic.

Did they sit behind you and kick your seat?  That’s my favorite. 

• Haha 2

I've said it before, I believe that, from a marketing perspective, DCI is making a colossal blunder by not finding away to have some type of BLL from Indy.

From what I've read here, the opinion of people that "Summer Reruns" wont sell, turned out to be dead on.

Also seems the videos from 2021 camps are what people who went liked the most.

That shows there is a market for live Drum Corps.

I'm, sure if DCI wanted to they could/would find a way to do this.

10 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Ugh, what a disappointment! The audio was awful and I don’t know if it was the feed from FloMarching or the theater. My complaint fell upon deaf ears. It sounded like it was one channel coming from the front of the theater. 
I felt Dan Acheson had the chance to instill confidence in the health of the activity but failed miserably. I was wanting him to address how the pandemic set DCI back, how they responded and their plans for the future health of the organization. Zero. Zilch. Nada! You know, some transparency. Between he and Rondo everything is just sunshine and lollipops. Tammy Faye had the chance to give some show details and hype The Academy and their 20th anniversary but basically only said,  Phoenix hot. Well, duh! 
The Bluecoats live rehearsal was fun. Their drum major was the highlight of the live feed. Also, the Phantom Regiment drum major’s segment was first rate. She knew how to instill confidence in the activity. DCI needs a major overhaul and people like her need to take over.

Oh were the yakkers on there filling in all us stupid, uninformed people about what we were watching?  Glad I missed it.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

apparently, you were not the only one - my theater (usually uses 2 screens for the normal year DCI kick off and 75% crowds) had it in just one screen with a total of 11 attendees - 2 of which were toddlers who spent the 2 hours crying / whining - it was fantastic.

There were only twenty at the movie theater I attended, and according to the manager, we were the biggest crowd of the evening. In general, people aren’t returning to movie theaters yet.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did they sit behind you and kick your seat?  That’s my favorite. 

no, they ran up and down the stairs/aisle

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh were the yakkers on there filling in all us stupid, uninformed people about what we were watching?  Glad I missed it.  

Guess I was lucky. There weren't a whole lot of other people there that I didn't know. Some I didn't recognize right away because we're all wrinkled old grandmas and grandpas now. No local groups from any bands that I noticed, maybe a few sprinklings, but everyone was well behaved and applauded after each corps. If it were an applause meter thing, Crown would have won. 

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

who won? 🤣

You of all people are asking this question?
 Of course the corps with the highest score won 🤪

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Guess I was lucky. There weren't a whole lot of other people there that I didn't know. Some I didn't recognize right away because we're all wrinkled old grandmas and grandpas now. No local groups from any bands that I noticed, maybe a few sprinklings, but everyone was well behaved and applauded after each corps. If it were an applause meter thing, Crown would have won. 

Not the yakkers in the theater. The yakkers on screen. 

Edited by Terri Schehr