DCI 2021 Countdown

13 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I thought it was worth the drive. The feed was good, but the sound could have been cranked up for all us old timers in the audience of 40 or so. 

Agree with Brian on Acheson, but he didn't really have a whole lot of time to speak. Tammy Faye (lol) chatted on endlessly and spoke over Rondo quite a bit. 

They showed bits of Cavaliers and BC camps. Cavaliers should be fun, Hook-em. I don't think they showed or mentioned BC's props, Lance. 

The highlight for me was the Bluecoats rehearsal, too. It wasn't even the music or the show, but the kids themselves and the looks on their faces - pure magic as every face looked so at home with everything and so glad to be back. 

I have heard many wonderful things about The Cavaliers. I can't wait until I see them!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have heard many wonderful things about The Cavaliers. I can't wait until I see them!

Yeah, all the alumni on our Facebook page that have seen them rehearse have been raving. The corps has done a good job of showing us practically nothing. Can't wait to see them!!

• Like 2

Cavies were a corps I was expecting to see in the top 3 in 2020.  They've got something special going on there, and I still think if they had a couple more weeks to tighten up their 2019 show it would've been a contender.  

I've gotten a little bored by the visual stuff I've seen for the past 5 years in dci, and the cavies have always been innovators visually....and their focus on music and musicality is the best it's ever been right now.  

super excited to see the future for the this corps. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lance said:

Cavies were a corps I was expecting to see in the top 3 in 2020.  They've got something special going on there, and I still think if they had a couple more weeks to tighten up their 2019 show it would've been a contender.  

I've gotten a little bored by the visual stuff I've seen for the past 5 years in dci, and the cavies have always been innovators visually....and their focus on music and musicality is the best it's ever been right now.  

super excited to see the future for the this corps. 

I couldn't agree more. 

14 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

You of all people are asking this question?
 Of course the corps with the highest score won 🤪

the recap wasnt up thats why i asked

• Haha 3

There was a theater thing?  Got zero hype down here in Georgia that I'm aware of.

Live performances?  If you're south of the Mason/Dixon line, and east of the Mississippi, you're shut out. For myself, it is a bare minimum 10-hour drive to anything this year.

2022 isn't that far away, I guess.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:00 PM, Tommeee said:

The theater in Harrisburg, PA had about 30 people in it.  VERY quiet.  There was some light clapping after Crown, and then silence the rest of the evening.  

Some of the silence was due to the INCREDIBLY low volume.  Low enough, that if you whispered, your whisper would be louder than the big hit in the SCV ballad.  People were quiet, because they were afraid they would miss hearing something.

There was clearly some sort of weird automatic volume limiter system turned on.  When the corps were playing softly, the volume in the theater was actually LOUDER than when the corps were playing loud.  The volume went down so low at the end of each performance, that you couldn't even hear Rondinaro speaking.  It was so quiet, you could've heard a pin drop in the theater.  Terrible.  I would go so far as to say it was the worst sound I've ever experienced in a theater, for anything.

It was still enjoyable to go.  The sound sucked.  But the screen was great.  The Bluecoats and Boston content was worth it, all by itself.

There was an issue with the feed of the recorded performances. The audio of the speaking portion was fine and the shots of the live Bluecoats camp were great, but everything else seemed muted. I've had similar experiences when I have been to Met Live in HD performances. If it is broadcast live in a Saturday afternoon, it's amazing. Rebroadcasts or recorded performances often have issues with volume.

2 hours ago, CVSoprano said:

There was a theater thing?  Got zero hype down here in Georgia that I'm aware of.

Live performances?  If you're south of the Mason/Dixon line, and east of the Mississippi, you're shut out. For myself, it is a bare minimum 10-hour drive to anything this year.

2022 isn't that far away, I guess.

10 hours would be a little side trip compared to how far i'd have to drive to see a live show, lol

agree about 2022.  i WILL go to my first dci event since 2018.  

15 minutes ago, Lance said:

10 hours would be a little side trip compared to how far i'd have to drive to see a live show, lol

agree about 2022.  i WILL go to my first dci event since 2018.  

This is the first year (besides last year where no one went to a show) that I won’t be attending a single drum corps show.    

• Sad 2