Phantom Regiment 2021 Re upload hd

Dam, that was a great updated version of a classic PR show.  Well done and may the fans enjoy this production this year.  (It's too bad the great mello part in the closer didn't come through.)

Thank you Beeches72.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I get frustrated at the frenetic front ensemble arrangements that cover up quiet, delicate playing in the brass. I’ve always noticed it, but, knowing this show as most of us do, it really stands out now with the amplification. 

Other than than problems like intonation and not having strong chops, which is to be expected, I was very pleased, and so excited to hear them after such a long silence. Phantom is such a part of my family, it has been weird and depressing not having them around. 

• Like 6

Holy cow did they push the tempo in the closer.  Yikes.  

Overall, I love it!  The brass book is very faithful to the original - I hope they embellish a little bit as they get ready to tour.  New drum book is fine, though I wish they'd kept the one bar of rim shots right before the big reprise.  I'm a huge fan for the 2003 show, and this made my day brighter.

Mike

• Like 5

Sounds like a winner! Ignoring first week issues, but it is great to hear great brass arranging and that trademark Regiment sound is going to come back by the end of the season!

• Like 4

Duplicate removed

Edited by jjeffeory