Phantom Regiment 2021 Re upload hd

Love it! I have long been a huge fan of the 2003 show and I really like what I hear so far with this edition. Great to hear some drum corps and the brass, percussion, and pit all sound wonderful considering they don't yet have the chops and endurance to take things to the next level just yet. But this should be an impressive group and I love the music book. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, CDUB said:

The final measures need the metallic ornamental percussion (I don't know what they are called) to give it that last bit of sparkle.

it's June

( man it felt good to say that)

• Like 2

On 7/5/2021 at 8:26 AM, beeches72 said:

Kudos to Phantom Regiment for allowing us an early audio/ visual peek of how they are progressing after about 9 or so days of being together and practicing. They sound fine to me. Good luck to Phantom Regiment. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

Crotales--the tuned metal discs?

1104031_10530_popup.jpg

Rain chimes?

Oh! also good options.

now I need to know what exactly are the metallic ornamental percussion!

There’s a great recording of the battery in the lot before the performance. Those guys and gals are HOT this year!!!! The enthusiasm and talent is impressive. You can tell they are excited to be a part of PR. I think this is the turning point we’ve been waiting for. Phantom has a history of ups and downs, but it looks like we are in for an exciting season. This is writing worthy of the incredible ensemble they’ve assembled. Can’t wait to see how it gets staged on the field.

• Like 3

Think we will see a crab step or kneeling wedge at the end?

Another interesting aspect of the brass book is that they're using (nearly) the 2003 finals week version. Naturally, that version progressed over the summer to the finals week version that had about 27 different endings... 🙂

So does that suggest we'll see few changes throughout the season? Perhaps corps are focused more on getting through the season than making a bunch of tweaks anyway.

Or maybe the ending will change away from the 2003 ending and toward a 2021 ending...

20 hours ago, PRomoter said:

Think we will see a crab step or kneeling wedge at the end?

How about a “Flying Chevron”? That might be fun.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1