Phantom Regiment 2021 Re upload hd

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i dont want to kick any halts to the side, but man that drill from 9:00 to the end looks about...oh...18 years old...and i love it.

That the crab-stepping triangle (the one formed at 9:24) wasn't equilateral in 2003 has always bothered me. KEPT ME UP AT NIGHT. When I heard that Jeremy Hunt would be writing the drill this year, I thought "HE'LL FIX IT!" 

Narrator: He didn't.

Or at least from what I can tell from the video. When they come out of the next global pandemic with a 2003/2021 rehash, I'll hope for redemption...

22 hours ago, jthomas666 said:

They look great for this early in the season.

They sound very good too. All these Corps are on timetables to put shows together that really do not allow for cleaning and polish either. So what we will see/ hear are Corps putting together what time allows. Given what we saw from Crown, and what we are seeing/ hearing from practice clips of Phantom and others, all these Corps staff and marchers really are doing yeoman's work here to put together solid and entertaining shows marchers will enjoy performing, and that fans will enjoy .

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

They sound very good too. All these Corps are on timetables to put shows together that really do not allow for cleaning and polish either. So what we will see/ hear are Corps putting together what time allows. Given what we saw from Crown, and what we are seeing/ hearing from practice clips of Phantom and others, all these Corps staff and marchers really are doing yeoman's work here to put together solid and entertaining shows marchers will enjoy performing, and that fans will enjoy .

I just saw a rehearsal clip on Instagram. You could tell they were going all out. Definitely unpolished but I think that added to the excitement. My biggest take away was that the hardworking kids were given a vehicle worthy of them and they’re responding. 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 12:52 AM, Jeff Ream said:

i dont want to kick any halts to the side, but man that drill from 9:00 to the end looks about...oh...18 years old...and i love it.

I agree. This is a fun production and I am loving the performance levels considering the time they have had with the show to date. Wondering what you think of the percussion writing (pit and battery)?  I am really digging it. Most fans are going to love this show but I also think they may have a nice nucleus of performers heading into the 2022 competitive season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree. This is a fun production and I am loving the performance levels considering the time they have had with the show to date. Wondering what you think of the percussion writing (pit and battery)?  I am really digging it. Most fans are going to love this show but I also think they may have a nice nucleus of performers heading into the 2022 competitive season. 

Not sure if you tuned into the Phanathon today, but this is exactly what the current corps staff is building on.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I am, unfortunately, not into the front ensemble writing. Not sure why they felt the need to change what was already great writing for marimba and xylophone and replace it with this. It’s the only part of the show that I find lacking. 

• Like 1

Just watched the run through video. WOW! What incredible work for the amount of time they’ve had. Big, thick sound, very balanced, and in-your-face. Chewie, I’ve got a good feeling about this. 

• Like 2

This thread needs merged with the other thread...  Love all the excitement around this show, the members & where Regiment is headed!  I doubled my annual donation to this corps back when they announced the new board, leadership team & re-assembled design staff.  I already had faith they were on the right track - and first the show announcement, then seeing how good they already are given where were coming from, I'm just thrilled.  Go Regiment!

Harvey

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

This thread needs merged with the other thread...  Love all the excitement around this show, the members & where Regiment is headed!  I doubled my annual donation to this corps back when they announced the new board, leadership team & re-assembled design staff.  I already had faith they were on the right track - and first the show announcement, then seeing how good they already are given where were coming from, I'm just thrilled.  Go Regiment!

Harvey

What is the title of the other thread?