Phantom Regiment 2021 Re upload hd

41 minutes ago, college-phan said:

All in all, I think there are only great things to come in Phantom's future, for real this time. 

The last time I was this excited for "next season" was after 2012, and 2021 hasn't even officially started.

Editor's note: I was reasonably happy about the addition of Wes Cartwright after 2016 (and it didn't last long into 2017). 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Editor's note: I was reasonably happy about the addition of Wes Cartwright after 2016 (and it didn't last long into 2017). 

To this day I still don't know what the 2017 show was about, except for "Phantasy Invasion."

Edited by Continental

37 minutes ago, Continental said:

To this day I still don't know what the 2017 show was about, except for "Phantasy Invasion."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasm_(film)
I understand your confusion but read the synopsis of the film.

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasm_(film)
I understand your confusion but read the synopsis of the film.

Huh. I never once got drift it was associated with a movie during the season.   I recall it being more of 'a mood' than a story.   But this does explain the ghostly moans being a bit...extra.

25 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Huh. I never once got drift it was associated with a movie during the season.   I recall it being more of 'a mood' than a story.   But this does explain the ghostly moans being a bit...extra.

I do wonder where the designers go from here. It seems that DCI is going through a more avant-garde design phase, and I don't think that plays well for Phantom, simply because they're known for producing narrative shows (with the big exception of course being 2003). 2017 is a great example of them attempting to meld into that prevailing culture and it going less than stellar, competitively. 

However, I'll of course take less narrative-oriented shows like Harmonic Journey all day if it means that they get back to where they should be. Simply put, I really don't know what a modern day, competitively successful Phantom would be or look like. I certainly do not envy the designers' jobs in the coming years, but they seem competent enough to thread the needle.

Edited by college-phan
  • Like 1

Any corps/organization that performs during this pandemic shutdown has my vote for us to support and keep the the organization alive as part of the drum corrps activity/Marching Arts.

• Like 2

Yes, I meant the run-through thread.  Would be good to have one combined thread related to Regiment 2021.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

Yes, I meant the run-through thread.  Would be good to have one combined thread related to Regiment 2021.

That's like asking for one, combined thread related to COVID. 

• Haha 2