Phantom Regiment 2021 Re upload hd

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

Needless to say…those three,if attending would’ve placed ahead of them. And once again great job Phantom!!!! Design team, not so much.

you're just flat out wrong - these corps this years have a 12-day tour, have been sitting on zoom for 2 years - it's an extremely young corps, and IMO extremely smartly designed. It's massively better than I Am Joan which gave me a tooth ache and a chronic eye roll condition

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

What I see makes me happy and very confident that Phantom in 2022 will be a force.  Such.a.force. 

We are so fortunate to witness corps on the field this year.  It's the end of July.  Even a few months ago I would have been skeptical.

Im glad you feel this way and Phantoms members should be proud and excited for their future. But we all know that it comes down to show design, say what we want. If you start the season and the judges have your GE scores in the bottom it’s going to make for a long season trying to climb your way up. Just concerned for 2022.

1 minute ago, GREENBLUE said:

Im glad you feel this way and Phantoms members should be proud and excited for their future. But we all know that it comes down to show design, say what we want. If you start the season and the judges have your GE scores in the bottom it’s going to make for a long season trying to climb your way up. Just concerned for 2022.

Phantom will not be judged in 2021.  But based on the reaction here, they have invigorated their fan base. 

I have no doubt that this will continue into 2022.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It's massively better than I Am Joan which gave me a tooth ache and a chronic eye roll condition

Every last drop of this.

Every aspect about the design of the 2021 Phantom Regiment is better than 2019. While I don't want 2019 Phantom Regiment to be the measuring stick against which this corps is compared, it does give me tremendous hope that I haven't had in many seasons. 

That's not to say that Phantom Regiment is going to go from 12th to 8th (or anything loftier than that). But this staff has tremendous credibility, and I believe it's already on display this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I hear you, but my philosophy is this: if I'm a designer, I'm not using any of my good ideas in 2021. For a top six corps, I'm giving the students enough to keep their chops up and future students enough to stay interested. For a corps that was in an unfamiliar 12th place spot during the last competitive season, I'm giving the students something to build upon for when the next competitive season occurs. As such, I don't think they should take any risks at all - take all the risks possible next season when it "counts" (if competition is what indeed counts). Also, this is a young group, and in an environment where the design staff may not understand what risks they can handle (e.g., I don't think they actually held in-person camps until this summer). 

Would I be happy with this design if this was a competitive season? No. 

I will agree with the props, though. While I'm not sure they're sloppy and burdensome, I definitely don't understand what they add to the show. And I wasn't compelled by Adam Sage's description of them in one of the Regiment videos on facebook.

Agree with not using everything in 2021 but at same point come on…give us something. Watch the Cavaliers staff videos they say that they basically put the 2020 show on the back burner but created a new show that would push the members, push boundaries and create excitement for the fans.

That’s what I wished for from Phantom. It seems their design staff consistently relys on design from the past.

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

Phantom will not be judged in 2021.  But based on the reaction here, they have invigorated their fan base. 

I have no doubt that this will continue into 2022.

“Their fan base”. Great. Now it’s time to invigorate the rest of the fans not just “theirs”and the members of these boards. Remember a majority of modern drum corps fans don’t remember 2003 or weren’t alive. And once again I say…none of this takes away from their outstanding members.

“Their fan base”. Great. Now it’s time to invigorate the rest of the fans not just “theirs”and the members of these boards. Remember a majority of modern drum corps fans don’t remember 2003 or weren’t alive. And once again I say…none of this takes away from their outstanding members.

You win. Have a nice day. 

• Like 2

this is a VERY different year - many corps are celebrating their past etc. Crown did, Genesis is, Cadets are, Regiment etc - entirely appropriate and frankly SMART. I'll just chalk your thoughts up to perhaps you are unaware of the outright mess this organization (and the Cadets) were left in after 2019 ... only to then head into a shutdown. We are all very lucky they are on the field and in such good shape. THIS they can build upon.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Remember a majority of modern drum corps fans don’t remember 2003 or weren’t alive. 

And I bet many of those fans would listen to this corps and say "that's a great horn book." They may lament the lack of effective electronics, and they'd have a point. 

(Actually, I'd argue Regiment has never effectively used electronics anyway, and that's something they need to figure out in 2022)