Phantom Regiment 2021 Re upload hd

I do like how the props at the end are set up and make chevrons.  But yeah, totally bike racks. 

Meh, good thing they don't need another truckload of props to make up for the show.

• Like 1

Maybe they'll put all of them together to make an underwire for giant skirt for a puppet!  The puppet can moan suggestively while stabbing MMs during a Paris shopping spree.

[we might as well get all the things out of the way]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But seriously, if there ever was a year to go all in on a VK style show...

On 7/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, George Dixon said:

this is a VERY different year - many corps are celebrating their past etc. Crown did, Genesis is, Cadets are, Regiment etc - entirely appropriate and frankly SMART. I'll just chalk your thoughts up to perhaps you are unaware of the outright mess this organization (and the Cadets) were left in after 2019 ... only to then head into a shutdown. We are all very lucky they are on the field and in such good shape. THIS they can build upon.

I couldn't agree with this more.  I remember how excited I was when Regiment announced the changes in their board of directors most of all - and the return of JD Shaw, Adam Sage and others.  I had a sense the org finally made hard choices and was ready to step up the plate, then... BAM!  COVID.  I'm grateful they have not only survived but are laying a foundation to return to higher competitive levels.  This will be a much harder climb than the return to glory years they achieved in 2003-2008 (and to a degree 2010-2012), as they are starting this climb from much further down the hill.

I think this show was pure genius.  Reunite and reinvigorate your base, put out a product that can be achieved and emotionally connect with both members and the audience and build momentum for 2022.  I have enormous trust in this new org & design staff to bring us something new, competitive, and still trademark Regiment in 2022 and beyond.  In the meantime, I'm thrilled with what they and many others are doing to say, we are back, we are celebrating our heritage, and just wait till next year.  This show and the performance levels are exceeding ALL of my expectations for 2021.  I went from a fence sitter on if I was going to Indy for the Celebration to an absolute YES because of this show. I can't wait to see this show live in Indy.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 6:05 PM, craiga said:

I guess I am just surprised that anyone is going to criticize any show this season. I have to admit that during the darkest days of the pandemic, I found myself at times wondering if I would ever see live drum corps ever again. Each corps has had to engage is some serious soul searching in the past 18 months to contemplate the way forward for their organizations. The fact that this corps is out there with what looks like a full corps to me and is performing an enjoyable show is commendable. Keep it up guys, and to heck with the keyboard commandos on dcp.

Post of the year in my opinion.

• Thanks 1