Phantom Regiment 2021 Re upload hd

35 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

This show and the performance levels are exceeding ALL of my expectations for 2021.  I went from a fence sitter on if I was going to Indy for the Celebration to an absolute YES because of this show. I can't wait to see this show live in Indy.

I so want the PR brass to do this show well even if they are young.  Just hope they can clean up the portion of the ending from about 8:20 through the tough runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBj6eu0dgUk  Boston had a similar brass run in 2000 and it was rough at finals.

Edited by Ghost

4 hours ago, Continental said:

They have "ironed-out" even more show "wrinkles."

One of my favorite visuals is in the second piece - the percussion "iceberg" plowing through the hornline.  It was great in 2003 and it's still great in 2021.

https://youtu.be/bYiKzlaZ72E

yup cool moment - I think over the next 19 days they can clean this up a ton, it's very manageable

Playing with the dynamics is an easy fix to make the last third better and more effective

I like how they took out the constant prop moving

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I so want the PR brass to do this show well even if they are young.  Just hope they can clean up the portion of the ending from about 8:20 through the tough runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBj6eu0dgUk  Boston had a similar brass run in 2000 and it was rough at finals.

They need to pull some volume out of a lot it to make the big moments bigger and the corps less gassed - I'm sure they will. This isn't a rookie staff.

• Like 3

Just watched PR perform at River City. Excellent performance. Madison performing now. PR’s music was much stronger than Cavies and (so far) Madison. The show is such a complete package. I don’t like the cow gate props, except when they climb on them and form a chevron at the end, but the general effect overall is very strong. They are bringing it on every note and every step. Excitement and strength we haven’t seen in years, and putting on the unies under the lights just made it that much better. Madison just ended. Though they have a full corps, the strength of the brass was lacking. Not a strong theme or book for the brass or battery. Let you know when the next group is performing. But, suffice it to say, they are back, baby!!! 

• Like 2

Flo Marching’s stream and audio quality sucks!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Continental said:

Every time I see the name I can't but think of Aunt Flo Marching. 

Thought I was the only one

Blue Stars? Not sure what happened there. I guess most corps are just trying to field something to gain momentum. Colts’ show sounded like high school marching band. The arrangements this year are either really weak, or the time needed to mature hasn’t been there. In this, Phantom is leagues ahead. The music has been where they really shine and find the excitement. Field show could be better, but it’s still much better than most of what I’ve seen thus far. Looking forward to hearing some of the others performing this weekend on Flo. Out to watch Music City perform here in Nashville tomorrow night before they head out on tour.

PR was in its own class tonight. 

Edited by PRomoter
  • Like 1