DCP Forum Behavior

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I started using the ignore feature for the first time a couple of months ago and life has been better ever since.  

Been there, done that and agree… even if just until posters move on to something else. When you put someone on ignore and later they get banned… well you must be doing something right. 

17 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

I joined DCP June 4, 2019 and expected reasonable interaction from members regarding show info, show evaluation, and inside information about each
organization and an exchange of ideas.

That would be nice.  Flashback to 15 years earlier, it seemed as if that is what DCP would be.  Several activity leaders even posted openly here.

Problem is, a free exchange of ideas only works with people who share the same ideals and aspirations.  

What typically followed from some highly opinionated members were post's most of which were "Off Topic" leading to the discussion threads being closed by the Moderators because topics were off topics which caused me to take a break from posting on DCP.

Yes... the off-topic sickness is becoming more contagious.  Is there a vaccine for that?

I have also followed https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/ as a secondary source for "Breaking Info". Most posts there seem to be ahead of what gets posted on
DCP.

If it is simply press-release level "news" you seek, reddit may be quicker... but following the entities you wish to hear about on whichever platforms they post (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) might be quickest. 

Personally, I come here to see deeper analysis and behind-the-scenes insights that would not typically be included in the press release universe.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Been there, done that and agree… even if just until posters move on to something else. When you put someone on ignore and later they get banned… well you must be doing something right. 

The ignore feature half-works.  Get a reply to a post from someone who is on your ignore list and you see what they have written. 

I read what people write.   I just choose not to respond to the ones I don't care for.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Stephan always tells me I don’t have to say everything I think. Well we all know what is said about opinions now don’t we! 

I don't agree with some of what you post, but there are times when your comments make me laugh.  

Pageantry Leech will be forever ingrained in my memory. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t mean to go off topic.  That’s the way I really talk, though.  I veer off in all directions in conversation.  I’ll try harder to stay in the lane. 🤞

I like it.  I don't think you have to change anything. 

There are some others who love to report it to the moderators.  I will call them "Karen" - "I'd like to speak to the moderator!"

• Haha 2