DCP Forum Behavior

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t mean to go off topic.  That’s the way I really talk, though.  I veer off in all directions in conversation.  I’ll try harder to stay in the lane. 🤞

Ehh if the other lane is empty go for it. 😈

s/ another guilty party in going off topic 😆

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Maybe the act has been cleaned up but saw a lot of (unsubstantiated) claims of corps wrong doing on there. Some turned out to be true but lot of crap throwing before facts came out

There's a thread up right now on the subreddit with people complaining about their experience marching troopers. I personally know someone who was there during the time period the redditor claims he marched and told me it was all lies. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Continental said:

The ignore feature half-works.  Get a reply to a post from someone who is on your ignore list and you see what they have written. 

Yeah don’t like that either. At least it’s not like Twitter where if you block, the other person cant see anything you ever posted. Prefer to say “hey I’m gonna ignore you for a while” and know they are able to see it. Not to get them upset but let them know why you won’t be responding 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah don’t like that either. At least it’s not like Twitter where if you block, the other person doesn’t see a thing you post. Prefer to say “hey I’m gonna ignore you for a while” and know they are able to see it. Not to get them upset but let them know why you won’t be responding 

Ignore messages also doesn't work.  You still see what is written. 

Was harassed by a poster on here a few months ago.  I could see what was written and was able to reply.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

Ignore messages also doesn't work.  You still see what is written. 

Was harassed by a poster on here a few months ago.  I could see what was written and was able to reply.  

Just don't read the post. If you start reading something that upsets you, look away from the screen. Just walk away or close your eyes, that will make the mean things people say go away

2 minutes ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

Just don't read the post. If you start reading something that upsets you, look away from the screen. Just walk away or close your eyes, that will make the mean things people say go away

I read almost everything I can on this board.  

Sometimes people want to be *sshats but the replies are quite informative and often, well thought out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

Problem is you don’t know what is being said unless you start reading it. 
Works about as good as trying not to listen to someone talk about you when you can hear them. 

4 hours ago, karuna said:

Ahhh the new Acela. Love it, but I was thinking more along the lines of these: 

SORRY TO HIJACK THE TOPIC!! I'LL STOP NOW! 

Edited by 2000Cadet

On 7/13/2021 at 10:44 PM, Rich Cline said:

Maybe posters on DCP need to rethink what they are posting, I can say that my experience being on DCP has not been enjoyable because other posters seem to be
"super" critical about every little detail that is posted.

Just my opinion.

I get ragged on all the time from my posts...albeit I haven't posted much recently due to cancelled season last year etc.  I do agree with your opinion on this, but it's best just to understand that "super" fans etc. are very passionate about the activity and that can come across as very opinionated and outright {fill in the blank}.

• Like 2