DCP Forum Behavior

Hang in there, Fiz. Life's too short.

I don't think I've ever put anyone on ignore. Except maybe myself when I said a dumb thing or two. 

That would be an interesting poll. Who's the Most Ignored Poster. Nothing there to stir up any controversy. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I've had my faire share of attacks, just trying to enjoy posting about my favorite corps. Sometimes it reaches the level of being bullied, which was MY experience. I don't know if they weren't happy with what i posted, or they just simple disagree, but boy oh boy, was i in for a surprised. Those two posters ganged up on me, to the point it became a very personal attack.

It started out with one aggressive poster telling me, he don't get what i am saying, i realized the direction the poster was heading, so i decline to further any conversation with the poster over my own post lol. Who told me to do that ? Oh, was i in for it.

I told the poster i am not in the mood twice, the poster insisted, determined, and just wasn't satisfied. He ferociously ensued to insult me and my english, which by now another poster joined in along with him. He further went on, to how my grammar is terrible and there's no punctuation, he was going on and on, in for the kill.

Good thing i can stand my ground. By this time i started to get pulled in and enraged, as i didn't want to engaged in anger, so i keep telling them to stop and just leave me alone. I make it clear to them, but they just keep going, as we kept going back and forth, i went into the settings and put them both on ignored.

All i wanted was to have fun, and enjoyed the season with everyone, i wasn't in a good mood and came here to just find a little happiness, but was bombarded by two posters. 

People need to have love and respect on the inside, doesn't matter where you are, who you are, what you do. We don't need to be mean to each other in any circumstances. We can disagree with out being disrespectful.

Ps. The sad part is, no one jumped in to stop what was going on, good thing the Moderators stepped in after a while. I didn't let them posters stop me from coming here to have fun the way i want to. But i had limit my posting up till this day.

It's all good fizzle.  I have terrible grammar and I'm in the education field!  In my area of work, you have to expect all sorts of personalities and that makes it fun.  It also is a reason why I don't post all that much.  Just don't want to get into that as I already deal with personnel issues all the time as an administrator. 

As the poster above me mentioned, I'll never "ignore" anyone.  It's good to hear from a variety of perspectives even though some take it a little too far to show they have more knowledge or expertise than someone else.  It's okay to agree to disagree but some just don't want to let it go.  In addition, some just need to grow tougher skin as evidence in another thread.  

• Thanks 1

I’ve ignored when the other poster kept responding to every post in a arguing matter or twisting my words (trolling just to get a response from me). I saw it as trying to irritate me and life’s too short.

That and getting a PM saying “quit talking about DCI, you’re clueless” which went to the mods. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

It's okay to agree to disagree but some just don't want to let it go.  In addition, some just need to grow tougher skin

Takes a pretty thin skin to be that reductive when people say they use a feature on the site. 

The point of it for me is to never get "started" in the first place. Just like in the real world, I learn a lot from knowledgeable people I happen to disagree on some stuff with, and I enjoy back and forth banter with good people who have different viewpoints. Lots of those on here.

But I stay away from people I find 100% gross and nasty. Exactly why ignore is a good feature on here for me.  

For example, we disagree about this, but that doesn't mean I just put you or anybody I disagree with on ignore.

It's not a great option for everybody, but it works for several of us who enjoy this site.  Enjoy the show(s), everybody!

• Like 3

On 7/13/2021 at 9:44 PM, Rich Cline said:

I joined DCP June 4, 2019 and expected reasonable interaction from members regarding show info, show evauation, and inside information about each
organization and an exchange of ideas. What typically followed from some highly opinionated members were post's most of which were "Off Topic" leading to the discussion threads being closed by the Moderators because topics were off topics which caused me to take a break from posting on DCP.

I have also followed https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/ as a secondary source for "Breaking Info". Most posts there seem to be ahead of what gets posted on
DCP. Further, there seems to be much less sniping amongst posters, responders & replys.

Maybe posters on DCP need to rethink what they are posting, I can say that my experience being on DCP has not been enjoyable because other posters seem to be
"super" critical about every little detail that is posted.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, I noticed the same things. Sometimes can get in the way of many things and it can bring the best and sometimes the worst in someone. It's more of a reason why I cheer my head off for these corps... at the end of the day, that's what matters. 

17 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Mr.Ream..please  excuse the spelling error

no worries. today customers called me Jim, Joe and dude. i answer to pretty much everything

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Hang in there, Fiz. Life's too short.

I don't think I've ever put anyone on ignore. Except maybe myself when I said a dumb thing or two. 

That would be an interesting poll. Who's the Most Ignored Poster. Nothing there to stir up any controversy. 😄

my hunch is the ...uh...winner of that poll is no longer an active member.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

my hunch is the ...uh...winner of that poll is no longer an active member.

If you're thinking of whom I'm thinking of...I can't even remember the username but remember the post about the Phantom Voices show that got the permaban.  

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no worries. today customers called me Jim, Joe and dude. i answer to pretty much everything

I knew a guy named Jim. He worked for a company for something like twenty years. Someone at the company thought his name was Pete and Jim never corrected him. Eventually, all his coworkers called him Pete, and so for twentish years, that’s how he was known.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I knew a guy named Jim. He worked for a company for something like twenty years. Someone at the company thought his name was Pete and Jim never corrected him. Eventually, all his coworkers called him Pete, and so for twentish years, that’s how he was known.

That makes me laugh.

At a prior company an employee kept calling me Ricky.  I corrected him a few times, yet he insisted on calling me Ricky.  It didn't affect anything and we got along very well.  Sometimes there is no need to be exact.   He was great to work with. 

• Like 1