DCP Forum Behavior

On 7/13/2021 at 10:44 PM, Rich Cline said:

I joined DCP June 4, 2019 and expected reasonable interaction from members regarding show info, show evauation, and inside information about each
organization and an exchange of ideas. What typically followed from some highly opinionated members were post's most of which were "Off Topic" leading to the discussion threads being closed by the Moderators because topics were off topics which caused me to take a break from posting on DCP.

I have also followed https://www.reddit.com/r/drumcorps/ as a secondary source for "Breaking Info". Most posts there seem to be ahead of what gets posted on
DCP. Further, there seems to be much less sniping amongst posters, responders & replys.

Maybe posters on DCP need to rethink what they are posting, I can say that my experience being on DCP has not been enjoyable because other posters seem to be
"super" critical about every little detail that is posted.

Just my opinion.

Hi Rich,

I have to agree.  Unfortunately it always seems to be the same few who go off the rails. Also, unfortunately, is too few posters overall on DCP to drown those few out.   Since there’s been so little going on the field in drum  corps over the last couple of seasons, the forums have become rather cliquey - even by DCP “standards”.  Forums seem more like a Chat Room than forum - chats typically void of open discussion, analysis, and relevant opinion. 
Hopefully once performances are on the field, the more DCP can return to the types of forums that recharges our interests. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Continental said:

What is a goombahs?

Think Tony Soprano and Julianna.

Tony Soprano and Valentina.

Tony Soprano and Irina.

Tony Soprano and Gloria.

You get the picture. So I'm not sure if what BW said was an insult or a compliment. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Tony Soprano and Irina.

Tony Soprano and Gloria.

You get the picture. So I'm not sure if what BW said was an insult or a compliment. 

Who is Tony Soprano?

Was he with North Star? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Tony Soprano and Irina.

Tony Soprano and Gloria.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I originally though Boohbah which I sort of expect in an upcoming corps show. 

31 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Tony Soprano and Irina.

Tony Soprano and Gloria.

I think those are goomahs not goombahs. That one letter makes all the difference. Lol

Oh. What does a white, Irish guy know about Sicilian lingo. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Tony Soprano and Irina.

Tony Soprano and Gloria.

Big compliment to Jim and Chip. 🍺 There were a few guys my rookie season who were just good to people. Jim, MD DCHoF member Ron Church, I could go on.

Chip came later from Steel City. Always good to people and wonderfully irreverant when that was needed. Nearly crushed him last time I saw him.

7 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Hi Rich,

I have to agree.  Unfortunately it always seems to be the same few who go off the rails. Also, unfortunately, is too few posters overall on DCP to drown those few out.   Since there’s been so little going on the field in drum  corps over the last couple of seasons, the forums have become rather cliquey - even by DCP “standards”.  Forums seem more like a Chat Room than forum - chats typically void of open discussion, analysis, and relevant opinion. 
Hopefully once performances are on the field, the more DCP can return to the types of forums that recharges our interests. 

This.  There have been so few people here the past year or so that a small group of posters have been able to destroy the kind of diversity of opinion that made it valuable in the past by smearing anyone who dared to think differently than them.  

I am hoping as drum corps’ return brings more people back to the forum with a common interest to discuss it can again be a more open and welcoming environment that treats everyone with dignity and respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1