“Why I love…”

This might be a fun exercise to hear everyone’s opinions.

One corps

One reason you love them

I love the Blue Stars because they won DIII in 1993 with thirteen horns. That kind of gutsiness is evident all these years later in their programming choices.

Share your love!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If only there were a corps called The Waffles, huh? Man, they'd be popular here. 

One corps? Holy cow. So many loves (as I'm sure a song somewhere was written).. I guess I'd have to go with the corps I most respect and that would be Phantom Regiment. They're endured, they've survived, they've been champions, but most of all, for whatever reason I've never been able to put my finger on, they oooze and exhibit that drum corps pride more than any corps I know. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

This might be a fun exercise to hear everyone’s opinions.

One corps

One reason you love them

I love the Blue Stars because they won DIII in 1993 with thirteen horns. That kind of gutsiness is evident all these years later in their programming choices.

Share your love!

Blue Stars were tough to beat in 1972!

• Like 1

Vanguard. Always there....always trying to go new places yet keep the fans totally engaged. the percussion legacy. The cymbals.

it used to be Crossmen, but since the move to texas they have failed to capture me the way the did from the 70's til the late 90's

• Like 2

No secret: I love the Bluecoats. I love them for their entertaining, innovative style. Back in 2015, they held Spring Training about a half an hour from where I lived and I would go almost every evening for ensemble. Those were great times! A few years later, they moved ST to Marion, Indiana, but I would still drive out to see them a couple of times. Every year they surprise me with their show concepts, and I don't think they are going to stop surprising me any time soon.

• Like 2

The Cadets 1996 - I feel in love with them, as no one could run and play difficult phrases as well as them, all while getting the crowd on their feet!

• Like 2

Oh man.... I can list many reasons why I love The Cavaliers. 

I love the corps because, in a sense, they have been there during my best and worst days. Truthfully, if it weren't for them I wouldn't have walked away from the company I worked with for 6 and a half years just to have some spec of hope to finish my degree. They remind me of who I am and that hard work can pay off. 

Yes, it was more than one reason why I love The Cavaliers... but gosh darn it they are champions every year in my opinion. I love all corps, but there is one that always speaks volume to me. 

SPLOOIE! 

• Like 1