Latest News Post From BDPA & VMAPA July-22-2021

Latest News From BDPA & VMAPA July-22-2021

The following are press releases from BDPA & VMAPA as of July-22-2021
I have linked various press releases from BDPA (Blue Devils) & VMAPA (VANGUARD MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS)

Latest News From BDPA
https://bluedevils.org/

The Blue Devils are gearing up for a triumphant return to the field in 2022, and we want YOU to be there with us. As COVID restrictions loosen around the
country, we are excited to launch some incredible nationwide learning opportunities and talent searches, each designed to give you a glimpse of what it means
to be part of the Blue Devils. Whether you join us for the BDX Summer Intensive (a 3-day mega camp), BDX Workshop (1-day events), participate in our BDX Open
Call Talent Search (a short prepared audition), or register for any of our other in-person events – we guarantee you’ll enjoy yourself and walk away from the
experience a better performer! All events will feature an educational component plus personalized feedback from our talented staff, and at the end of the
experience you’ll be considered for membership with The Blue Devils in 2022. Already have plans for this summer but want to join us next season? That’s
great! We can’t wait to see you at our November Audition Event this fall. Don’t sell yourself short or skip out on the chance to live your dreams. Be bold,
be creative, be adventurous. Be a Blue Devil!

Blue Devils completed their USBands Summer Educational Series (Talent Search)

July 14, 2021 SB USBands Summer Educational Series – Powered by The Blue Devils
July 15, 2021 SB USBands Summer Educational Series – Powered by The Blue Devils
July 16, 2021 SB USBands Summer Educational Series – Powered by The Blue Devils
July 17, 2021 SB USBands Summer Educational Series – Powered by The Blue Devils

I believe that the BDPA has 3 working Bingo Games working and I read where they managed to make them "Drive Thru" in response to COVID-19
Applause and well done to work around COVID-19 and Contra Costa's County lockdown restrictions.

Blue Devils & Basil (Part of The Blue Devils 2021/2022 Experience

Link: https://bluedevils.org/programs/a-corps/seasons/

PERFORMANCE REIMAGINED.
This summer offers a once in lifetime opportunity to do things in a way we have never attempted before, and explore a whole new set of performance
opportunities. This summer, we’ve outlined three exciting member intensives which are designed to provide performance opportunities, maintain our culture of
excellence, and serve as building blocks toward the 2022 season.

The first is our Music Intensive which includes a week-long learning experience for brass and percussion members where you will work hand in hand with the
exceptional staff we all know and love. In addition, members will have a very exciting and unique opportunity to participate in a recording session for
Extreme Music at Fox Studios in Hollywood! This is an amazing opportunity for our musicians to get a professional experience of this size and scale that may
even include performances and clinics with special guest performers.

The second is our Color Guard Intensive which consists of a week-long retreat where members will have the opportunity to explore movement, dance, and
equipment technique with Scott Chandler and our talented color guard staff. This will be a remarkable opportunity to get together as performers, developing
and strengthening both individual and group skills. The intensive will feature special guest choreographers and culminate in a live performance shared with
our friends, families, and fans.

The third, which we are very excited to share with you, is our Full Ensemble Performance Intensive. This is made possible thanks to a group of amazing
international sponsors, and due to their support, The Blue Devils have received a special invitation to perform at the 15th anniversary of the Basel Tattoo
in Switzerland! Of course, all these opportunities are subject to change as health, wellness, and safety will always be our number one priority.

And in the event we are not able to travel internationally or gather for one of these events, you can rest assured we have more exciting plans up our sleeve.
If Basel doesn’t work out, we intend to host a 1-2 week Performance and Development Intensive in Hawaii or California which would also feature Guest
Choreographers and culminate in a live performance that will be broadcast to the world. Additionally, we are hoping to organize BD Entertainment style
performances around the United States throughout the summer months.

These member intensives are designed to serve as a building block for the future. These intensives are open to current members as well as individuals that
receive a callback or contract for 2022 through the audition process. Don’t miss this opportunity to start learning what it means to be a Blue Devil. Come
get immersed in the culture, learn from our staff, and be ready to hit the ground running for the 2022 season!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest News From VMAPA

No news from VMPA beyond fund raising activities.

See following articles:

A-CORPS DIRECTOR IVAN DE LA CRUZ STEPS DOWN
Posted by:Michael Gaines  On July-5-2021
https://www.scvanguard.org/a-corps-director-ivan-de-la-cruz-steps-down/

VANGUARD MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS ANNOUNCES NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER AND EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP
https://www.scvanguard.org/vanguard-music-and-performing-arts-announces-new-executive-director-chief-financial-officer-and-executive-leadership/
Posted by:Michael Gaines  On June-4-2021

INTRODUCING THE 2021 VANGUARD HALL OF FAME CLASS
https://www.scvanguard.org/introducing-the-2021-vanguard-hall-of-fame-class/
Posted by:Richie Rodriguez  On February-26-2021

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am struggling as I read this press release.  It appears to be out of date.  Your first line states "The following are press releases from BDPA & VMAPA as of July-22-2021." Yet, the Basel Tattoo was cancelled back in May. Basel Tattoo | basel.com

Am I missing something?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I am struggling as I read this press release.  It appears to be out of date.  Your first line states "The following are press releases from BDPA & VMAPA as of July-22-2021." Yet, the Basel Tattoo was cancelled back in May. Basel Tattoo | basel.com

Am I missing something?

Blue Devils as of late April were still going to attempt to travel internationally to Switzerland for the Basel Tattoo Festival. But Basel Tattoo was cancelled in May by Festival organizers there in Switzerland . The Festival organizers there in Europe were in contact with health officials. In May, Festival organizers there deemed the Festival scheduled for this week to be too risky to the health to both participants and attendees to have it take place, and so it was cancelled back in May. For perspective, the Covid virus fully vaccinated citizenry rate in much of Europe in April/ May was approx 4%-. 7%, ( and 5%- 8% in Switzerland ), and in the US in April/ May it was 18%-23%.  Curiously, the Blue Devils found it too risky to participate in DCI events this summer, but as late as April, not too risky to travel in airports overseas to Europe from Calif to participate in a festival there in Switzerland before organizers there cancelled the event as in their judgement in consultation with health officials, it was deemed unsafe for both participants and attendees to have it occur there this summer.

Edited by Boss Anova

7 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Am I missing something?

I read it the same way - if BDPA posted this on 22 July, then at the very least they didn't proofread it well.  

What are they going to do then? Whatever that is, I'm sure they'll generate revenue. 

And in the event we are not able to travel internationally or gather for one of these events, you can rest assured we have more exciting plans up our sleeve.
If Basel doesn’t work out, we intend to host a 1-2 week Performance and Development Intensive in Hawaii or California which would also feature Guest
Choreographers and culminate in a live performance that will be broadcast to the world. Additionally, we are hoping to organize BD Entertainment style
performances around the United States throughout the summer months.