Box5 working now (least for me)

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

scores are up.

Thanks, Jeff! They weren't up when I was at dinner.

Read the statement from the Bucs. I'd noticed their abscence and wondered. In some aspects, I'm not surprised.

Edited by BigW

2 hours ago, BigW said:

Thanks, Jeff! They weren't up when I was at dinner.

Read the statement from the Bucs. I'd noticed their abscence and wondered. In some aspects, I'm not surprised.

Just had that conversation about the Buccs on a FB group. When they decided not to field, no one could guess what the Summer would be like. So instead of spending $$$ and having everything go down the toilet (including the $$$) they played it safe.👍

Mine worked fine last night.

I think the Wednesday night replay is their best feature.  Streaming video is fraught with interruptions at both ends, so any chance to see what you missed is a good thing.  And if you are involved with one of these corps, and cannot get home from rehearsal in time to crank this up on your home system Sunday night, that replay means a lot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just had that conversation about the Buccs on a FB group. When they decided not to field, no one could guess what the Summer would be like. So instead of spending $$$ and having everything go down the toilet (including the $$$) they played it safe.👍

Reading their statement, it was also a question to them of whether they felt they could provide the experience they felt they should provide. I'm certain every corps asked themselves that hard question, and it's a matter best left to each corps what the answer was, and I'd be the last to criticize.

• Thanks 1

So... looking at the numbers, Looks like most of the competitor's game, with Cabs and CV seeming to have an early season advantage. Have to see where it all shakes out. Also hoping some of the other competitors can take advantage of the opportunity presented to build to continue competing when this all gets shaken out to normal.

3 hours ago, BigW said:

So... looking at the numbers, Looks like most of the competitor's game, with Cabs and CV seeming to have an early season advantage. Have to see where it all shakes out. Also hoping some of the other competitors can take advantage of the opportunity presented to build to continue competing when this all gets shaken out to normal.

And will have to watch the clock better Wednesday. Some corps appeared to have partial shows. 

On 7/25/2021 at 7:53 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Mmmmm will look into that. Too bad I retired and can’t ask the people in the IT shop what options there are. Rule of thumb… if they are less than half your age old, usually good info source. 😅

This is usually where I get pulled into the conversation. 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigW said:

IMO, the numbers are meaningless. judging a show through a high cam view only where there is probably sound editing happening? no thanks

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

IMO, the numbers are meaningless. judging a show through a high cam view only where there is probably sound editing happening? no thanks

You could barely hear White Sabers due to the gale force winds.  But they did win brass so who knows? 🤷‍♀️