Show Day!!

😁

just a topic opened up for anyone who wants to hype and talk before  tonight‘s shows in WI and Ut. 

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

I haven't posted here in months, but since this is the start of the new DCI season, I might as well get a word in here.

It feels so weird to me that today is the first show day of 2021. Normally around this time of year is the Atlanta or Allentown regional and we're talking about what corps have major changes to their shows on the horizon, close races for various positions, favorite shows/moments of the season, etc. But thanks to the pandemic and a shortened season with no formal scores, as well as fewer corps attending Indy this year, it's going to feel a lot different. (I'm also in a new location for the summer, and the closest show to me is in Centerville, which unfortunately is the same day as a personal commitment for me, so I can't go. I'll try to tune into one of the Indy shows on Flo, though)

Regardless, I'm sure everyone involved in the activity is looking forward to what this season has to offer, just as I am as a fan.

• Like 4

The only corps I really, really want to see are:

River City Rhythm - Anoka, MN

Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Colts - Dubuque, IA

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Then right after them, I want to see:

The Battalion - Salt Lake City, UT

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 1

Sun Prairie for me tomorrow night. Air temperature is forecast in the mid 70’s. Field temperature will be scorching!!! Can’t wait. I may have to wear one of those undergarments advertised during Wheel of Fortune. 

The only dim spot is that Legends and Shadow won’t be joining everyone on the Midwest Combine Tour. I wish them both a healthy return in 2022. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

The only corps I really, really want to see are:

River City Rhythm - Anoka, MN

Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

Colts - Dubuque, IA

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Then right after them, I want to see:

The Battalion - Salt Lake City, UT

Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

Troopers - Casper, WY

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

I like your style    
I to am  looking forward to everyone

This might be off-topic a bit, but just tried to watch the Rose bowl show and we don’t have any sound, is that because of copyright laws.

28 minutes ago, onionhead said:

This might be off-topic a bit, but just tried to watch the Rose bowl show and we don’t have any sound, is that because of copyright laws.

Yes, but there will be a rebroadcast later on tonight.

Edited by theonlyfizzle

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Not interested in Bluecoats or Boston?

Oh of course! I was only listing the corps performing that night. Have to wait anxiously until 8/3 for the eastern corps. Boston and this whole video board Zoom thing is something I'm particularly anxious to see. Wondering if this will be the "next big change" in drum corps and spark all kinds of controversy before the Rules Congress. All of the glowing reviews so far on Bluecoats and Cadets have me intrigued also. Now I just have to figure out how to fit in another quick nap after work and before the show so I can stay up for it all. 🤪