Show Thread - Friday July 30 - River City Rhapsody - La Crosse

18 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I have no self discipline so I just subscribed to Flo. But at $12.50 per month and cancel any time, it's not as bad as I think it was a few years ago.

That was my thinking, too. I might even keep it around after Indy to catch me some Norwegian thumb wrestling and all that other great stuff they have on there. 

• Haha 1

could anyone give me a quick review of the show themes tonight?

PR - I think I understand they're doing some of their old classics
Cavies - rock show experience, live music venue, boy band?

Madison - normal Madison latin jazz?

Blue Stars - how did they get rights to a current broadway show?

Colts - more 70s pop?

River City Rhapsody - scenes from the Office and IT crowd

Colt Cadets - 90s techno?

Found this on Flo site, tedrick. I was curious myself. 

DCI Show Announcements: Full List Of 2021 Shows - FloMarching

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I have no self discipline so I just subscribed to Flo. But at $12.50 per month and cancel any time, it's not as bad as I think it was a few years ago.

I agree!  Much better price than in the past and easy enough to cancel it when 2021 drum corps is over.  Hopefully it will encourage some of the people who've sworn off of FloMarching to give them another chance.  I feel like we need to be supportive across the board in this shortened season.  With Covid picking up again, we really don't have a guarantee that 2022 will be "back to normal".

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Good luck with the Flo connection and hope everyone enjoys. For some reason things got busier than expected for me so I’m sticking with only DCA (my “Alma mater”) this year. Maybe next year and all competitions 

I’m subscribed but I have company and they’re not drum corps people.  I might have to wait until tomorrow night.  

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m subscribed but I have company and they’re not drum corps people.  I might have to wait until tomorrow night.  

They are doing rebroadcasts the day after too. So there’s that option. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

My understanding when I re-signed up for the Pro - Monthly plan that it is $29.95 a month and can be canceled at any time before the month is up. For me it would be August 30. If I would sign up for the Pro - Yearly play it is equivalent to $12.50  per month which is $150 for the year, which would end on July 30, 2022. You might want to check your Subscription Confirmation from Flo to verify it shows that you were charges $12.50 instead of $150. 

My only other thought is if you found a $12.50 per month plan, it wouldn't be the Pro Plan (sounds like dog food) so you may not have all of the options of watching other sports like the Pro Plan has. I hope you are right, but that's not the way I read it. I hesitated before I clicked on the $29.99 plan because I remember when I canceled my plan back in early 2020, I still had access to Flo until sometime in June because that is when my yearly commitment ended. 

I was charged $150 immediately.  I have no idea if there is a refund of any of that amount if I cancel before the 12 months is up.  I'm very disappointed that Flo will not be showing any of the BOA shows.  Certainly devalues the full year subscription by a ton.

Guess we'll know very shortly if the broadcast is of good quality or not.  Hope it's more than just one high camera.

4 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

I was charged $150 immediately.  I have no idea if there is a refund of any of that amount if I cancel before the 12 months is up.  I'm very disappointed that Flo will not be showing any of the BOA shows.  Certainly devalues the full year subscription by a ton.

Guess we'll know very shortly if the broadcast is of good quality or not.  Hope it's more than just one high camera.

I was told last year there is a prorated refund if cancelled before a certain period. I had used 5 months of my subscription and was told I couldn’t get any refund. When I told them that was not acceptable they gave me 20% discount on my next subscription. 

Edited by Dpsouthern81
More info

47 minutes ago, LyleF7 said:

My understanding when I re-signed up for the Pro - Monthly plan that it is $29.95 a month and can be canceled at any time before the month is up. For me it would be August 30. If I would sign up for the Pro - Yearly play it is equivalent to $12.50  per month which is $150 for the year, which would end on July 30, 2022. You might want to check your Subscription Confirmation from Flo to verify it shows that you were charges $12.50 instead of $150.

@LyleF7, you and others are right. I'm wrong. It's the equivalent of $12.50 per month if you pay for the year at $150. I clicked through things too quickly.