Why no scores?

3 hours ago, Gantang said:

The CDC says that to be exposed you have to be within 6 feet of an infected person for 15 minutes of longer. How could a judge meet that criteria? So, is it the added cost, or COVID? Lastly, are you saying that fans wouldn't filled the stands if the shows were judged?

I think DCI could answer your questions better. I don't think anyone here has the full answer as to why DCI decided not the judge this summer. I'm not sure why it matters. But if you really want the answers I am not sure why you post the questions here. It could be as simple as the corps directors simply said no to judging if the season had to be short with less time in camp. Whatever their reasons were are fine with me. 

5 hours ago, Gantang said:

So, you're saying they chose not to judge this season, not that they couldn't because of a worldwide pandemic?

The CDC says that to be exposed you have to be within 6 feet of an infected person for 15 minutes of longer. How could a judge meet that criteria? So, is it the added cost, or COVID? Lastly, are you saying that fans wouldn't filled the stands if the shows were judged?

You chose to be offended by a simple question followed by explanations because the no judging doesn't seem logical on its face. Why so defensive? I don't care if they're judged or not I was seeking clarification because my life doesn't revolve are drum corps 12 months a year.

Don’t forget the decision to not judge was made months ago. So to try to be “logical” based on the ways things are currently is moot. When the decision was made no one had any idea what August would be like. So DCI made the decisions that IMO gave them a better chance to have some kind of season.

Watching DCA with video taped shows so DCI isn’t the only one who made changes to get a season in

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2