Biggest 2021 Surprises & Delights?

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes. Even Jim got weepy. 

I mean the company front at the end with the members arm on the next Cadets shoulder I was like 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Well, dang.  With one week left in school and way behind dealing with wife’s surgery and currently required to be a full time caretaker, I was kind of hoping everybody would suck this year so I wouldn’t be missing anything.

sorry, not sorry!

Had a chance to watch several of the shows.

My opinion:

1.Old school drum corps:

Symmetrical drill, "familiar" music and traditional uniforms still work.

2.Its amazing how much a corps can accomplish in a short period of time.

3.I'm still surprised, especially seeing the quality of the shows on the field, that DCI couldn't figure out a way to get one of the nights in Indy on  the big screen so a wider audience could  see just how good the corps are.

It would provide a lot of positive momentum  going into 2022.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 2

This could be a really long list.

• First and foremost, I'm not surprised but am delighted that the corps are full of kids who appear extremely dedicated and passionate, giving us terrific performance levels - under ANY circumstances!
  • I'm also thrilled to see more straight ahead drum corps and less props from many corps.  GREAT MUSIC & DRILL STILL MATTER AND ARE INCREDIBLY ENTERTAINING!!!
  • Phantom Regiment has surprised AND delighted me.  The show is fantastic.  I still might prefer the 2003 arrangements - but I've listened to that show a gazillion times, and still have the live memories from sitting in Orlando.  The performance levels are what is blowing me away - in all captions.  I think they are accomplishing everything they set out to this year and are setting themselves up to start a competitive climb in 2022.
  • Blue Stars continue to delight me, and this is a wonderful, entertaining show.
  • Troopers have surprised and delighted me with their numbers, power & performance levels.
  • Just like Regiment, Cadets have also surprised and delighted me with a great show, improved performance levels and some real emotion and goose bump moments
  • Blue Knights delight me for staying true to their identity and that wonderful brass sound
  • Finally - EVERY CORPS has delighted me for being about to get off the mat and deliver strong, solid shows and strong numbers (of members) 

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH SUPPORTING EACH CORPS, OPERATING EACH CORPS, OR MARCHING in EACH CORPS.  Drum Corps is BACK thanks to YOU!!!

Here's to a great time in Indy...

Harvey

• Like 5