Biggest 2021 Surprises & Delights?

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Indeed, especially when I look at Colt Cadets. It takes a lot of guts to field a corps in any year competitive or not with no guard and just the percussion battery alone outnumbering your horn line. 

and it's a fun program!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Just because there's no competition, that doesn't mean we can't have our favorites, and the corps which are surprising/impressing us the most during this season. Tuesday night the next batch of corps will hit the field. Which corps -so far - has been a big positive surprise for you??

Phantom's been a joy for me, favorite so far. I love how the show have a big presence musically and visually. It's the same show but yet improved. With Drums on parade performance, i was standing up with excitement cheering them on. I am looking forward to see what Cadets have in store this coming Tuesday, my most anticipated for this season.

I have to say Cavaliers is really so fun and entertaining, what a treat i like it a lot. Madison is definitely a surprised and also fun, welcome back! 

* Forget to add, Blue Stars show is so DELIGHTFUL... makes me smile, i want more.

Troopers was an unexpected surprise with that dark tone, so contrast with what they normally do, and in comparison to this Celebration season.

I enjoyed the other shows but the above are my standouts. 

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Troopers was an unexpected surprise with that dark tone, so contrast with what they normally do, and in comparison to this Celebration season.

Yes, dark may be a good way to describe it. It's like they're performing angry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, college-phan said:

It’s nice to see a lot of enthusiasm for Phantom! They sound and look much better than in past years, which is especially impressive considering the short season. It’s exciting to see them starting to climb back to where they historically should be.

Also, shout out to the Blue Stars. Maybe it’s the larger than normal hornline, but they sound great. Plus, their visual program is always great, and this year is no exception. 

Really, I’m shocked and elated by all the Midwestern Corps. They all have strong programs during a year that I didn’t think there would be a lot to be excited about.

Travis Larson came in and improved what was already growing the previous years by Ward. Promising future keeping that brass staff together and returning more vets. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I'm with you on Regiment & Scouts! Can't wait until to hear your thoughts on Cadets...

If the Cadets are playing Rocky Point I’m already in on them!!! I’ve been waiting for some semblance of this song back in the field for sometime now! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobjective said:

If the Cadets are playing Rocky Point I’m already in on them!!! I’ve been waiting for some semblance of this song back in the field for sometime now! 

Cadets are the best they’ve been since 2015 quality-wise  and the show is fantastic - I literally choked up like six times just watching it on video. 

• Like 6