Parking Lot Etiquette 2021

Hello Drum Corps fans! I hope you are excited for a season this year just as much as I am.

I just wanted to post about my experience in Cheyenne Wyoming last night at Drums Along the Rockies for anyone curious to watch some corps, hornlines, drumlines, pits and guards in the lots before the show. I was able to watch from a distance at a couple different groups but i was told by someone who is in Blue Knights that watching in the lot is not really allowed even when i had a mask and have been vaccinated. Some corps have "restricted area" signs posted for areas for performers only. I just want to warn other people who might be thinking the same thing and want to watch these groups warm up. I wanted to watch the Front Ensembles. Depending on who your watching you might upset someone because of COVID reasons. Overall i had a great time and i wish the season was longer, but just be careful how close you get when watching or someone might talk to you.

Stay safe, cheers and go Drum Corps! 

On I think every Flo broadcast so far, I heard the public address announcer state that very request before the shows began. Very reasonable request as much as I can't imagine how disappointing it is to those in attendance and in particular, parents of MMs. Glad you still had a good time, though. 

52 minutes ago, L.A.Rose said:

Hello Drum Corps fans! I hope you are excited for a season this year just as much as I am.

I just wanted to post about my experience in Cheyenne Wyoming last night at Drums Along the Rockies for anyone curious to watch some corps, hornlines, drumlines, pits and guards in the lots before the show. I was able to watch from a distance at a couple different groups but i was told by someone who is in Blue Knights that watching in the lot is not really allowed even when i had a mask and have been vaccinated. Some corps have "restricted area" signs posted for areas for performers only. I just want to warn other people who might be thinking the same thing and want to watch these groups warm up. I wanted to watch the Front Ensembles. Depending on who your watching you might upset someone because of COVID reasons. Overall i had a great time and i wish the season was longer, but just be careful how close you get when watching or someone might talk to you.

Stay safe, cheers and go Drum Corps! 

So - it is ok to be 10 yards from the performers in the stands, but not 10 yards from the performers in the lot.  😎

Probably too late at this point, but maybe there should be some sort of line in the lot that observers cannot cross, but can watch from if they so desire.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So - it is ok to be 10 yards from the performers in the stands, but not 10 yards from the performers in the lot.  😎

Probably too late at this point, but maybe there should be some sort of line in the lot that observers cannot cross, but can watch from if they so desire.

I think thats my frustration. I just dont see how i can go to a packed stadium W/O a mask but i cant even watch something down & on the street. I'm trying to see as much live Drum Corps as possible, if i dont see live drum corps i go crazy. Experiences like that kinda ruin my hour long drive just for a 45 minute, 3 corps show. I wasnt trying to upset anyone I was behind the signs so where is the line? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L.A.Rose said:

I think thats my frustration. I just dont see how i can go to a packed stadium W/O a mask but i cant even watch something down & on the street. 

I'm just thankful that I can sit down in my own recliner and enjoy the shows without one. If Big Brother has his way, that may be coming next. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Follow the science even if it’s a maze of confusion. Just do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around, because that’s what its all about. 🤔

Is it okay if I do the Las Ketchup dance instead of the hokey pokey?  It has more rhythm and swing.

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

These head scratching rules have been going on since last year.  When senior softball tournaments started up again last Summer, we had C19 rules to follow.  The biggest joke was you had to have your face covered in the on deck circle, where you're about 20' from anyone, but didn't need it when at bat where the catcher and umpire are within 10' feet of you. 

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

yes, lots ARE CLOSED  these corps are literally in a 250-person bubble - they cannot rely on the "honor system" of "I'm vaccinated and symptom free" 

But they're still performing in some fields where, as ILC mentioned above, the audience is real close to them.  Seems like they have to rely on the honor system.  Come on man!

• Like 1