Parking Lot Etiquette 2021

48 minutes ago, Ghost said:

But they're still performing in some fields where, as ILC mentioned above, the audience is real close to them.  Seems like they have to rely on the honor system.  Come on man!

I've never seen a seated audience member closer than 10' = mostly like 30' plus, especially with a track

Which stadium? Or I'm calling BS

20 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Which is why I said 10 yards, not 10 feet.  

30 feet seems pretty safe though, right? which is the point and in the stadium that's a controlled 30' - in the lot it's not easily controlled

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

30 feet seems pretty safe though, right? which is the point and in the stadium that's a controlled 30' - in the lot it's not easily controlled

I would think you could have a line that spectators could not cross.  Or, maybe spectators have to stay on the sidewalk.   

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’re pretty close to you in row one in Michigan City and Rockford. 

Did you ever march at Momence (IL) Gladiolus Festival?   The stadium didn’t have a track.   The stands were like 10 feet from the sideline, but first row was about 15 feet higher than field level.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Did you ever march at Momence (IL) Gladiolus Festival?   The stadium didn’t have a track.   The stands were like 10 feet from the sideline, but first row was about 15 feet higher than field level.  

Yes, indeedy.  They could have pulled you into their lap from the first row. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I would think you could have a line that spectators could not cross.  Or, maybe spectators have to stay on the sidewalk.   

That seems reasonable. But a lot of people aren't reasonable, as we've seen on plenty of videos of folks that think that covid protocols are trampling on their rights and behave badly as a result (forgetting that daily life has seemingly limitless restrictions). Having to police that behavior is one less thing to worry about if you have a blanket policy.

• Like 5