Differences between nights in Indy?

I know that Thurs-Fri-Sat in Indy will generally be a celebration of past, present, and future....but are there any more details on how each day will differ in terms of content? If you only attend one day of the three, will the corps performances be essentially the same as you would see on the other two days? Which would you attend and why? Thanks!

• Like 2

I was also wondering when they are going to release the performance order and times.

• Like 1

Good question!

14 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I was also wondering when they are going to release the performance order and times.

Ditto. Also wondering if some of the historically evening corps will opt to perform during the day so they get the heck out of Dodge. 

they do have an announced start time @ 3pm daily 

Indianapolis and Lucas Oil Stadium will play host to three days of high-energy performances Thursday, August 12 through Saturday, August 14, with more than 20 corps representing DCI’s World Class and Open Class divisions. These three days of non-competitive “Celebration Events,” which will also be live-streamed on FloMarching, will feature specially-produced, in-stadium video content and special ensemble performances along with a variety of creative adaptations of conventional drum corps field productions.

all participating corps will appear daily:

The Academy • Tempe, Arizona
Bluecoats • Canton, Ohio
Boston Crusaders • Boston, Massachusetts
Blue Knights • Denver, Colorado
Blue Stars • La Crosse, Wisconsin
Cadets • Allentown, Pennsylvania
Cavaliers • Rosemont, Illinois
Colts • Dubuque, Iowa
Colt Cadets • Dubuque, Iowa
Crossmen • San Antonio, Texas
Genesis • Austin, Texas
Gold • San Diego, California
Heat Wave • Tampa Bay, Florida
Madison Scouts • Madison, Wisconsin
Mandarins • Sacramento, California
Music City • Nashville, Tennessee
Pacific Crest • Diamond Bar, California
Phantom Regiment • Rockford, Illinois
River City Rhythm • Anoka, Minnesota
Spirit of Atlanta • Atlanta, Georgia
Troopers • Casper, Wyoming

maybe next Monday we will get exact schedules!

• Like 1

THIS IS NOT POLITICAL: I just had a thought.  Surely DCI wouldn't cancel the events due to the increasing cases of CV-19 with the Delta variant?  With hotels, flights, tickets booked, that would be a disaster if the state or county health dept shut everything down.  I'm sure this has all been discussed.  I plan to wear my mask & I've been fully vaccinated.  I really need my drum corps fix...

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

THIS IS NOT POLITICAL: I just had a thought.  Surely DCI wouldn't cancel the events due to the increasing cases of CV-19 with the Delta variant?  With hotels, flights, tickets booked, that would be a disaster if the state or county health dept shut everything down.  I'm sure this has all been discussed.  I plan to wear my mask & I've been fully vaccinated.  I really need my drum corps fix...

Needs people like yourself to step up and do what's needed to move forward. Through all this I don't trust people to do the right thing or maybe instead of saying the right thing I'll say do the thing to halt as much as we can so we can go forward. With that said I just left a small store ( myself and customers were masked ) the owner wasn't and said he just had the virus in the past 3 weeks and in the hospital. No mask, I left ASAP. Also in an area where numbers are way up and the variant running wild. : sigh

I would suspect corps and DCI may up the rules towards all this even more to get through INDY. after that and the future who knows. ,Band season and indoor God only knows. Let's hope

It is amazing the quality of ALL corps given all the circumstances. Truly AMAZING!

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2