DCI Needs to update FANS attending Indy 2021

It is now only 8 days before I go to Indy - yet DCI has been in a communications blackout regarding the event.  I filled out the "Contact Us" from with a series of specific questions, but got a generic letter back with the main idea that fans attend at their own risk.  Now this is understandable - but we should be aware of some things before we attend.  I called today, but the phone choices were not applicable to my questions - I left a short message for Dan Acheson as he was the only name I remembered when it prompted me for the first 3 letters of a staff name.  

Below are some of my questions -  If anyone knows anything - please respond.

1.  What are vaccine requirements?  Assuming none - will temperatures be taken at the entrances?

2.  Mask requirements?  Will reluctant people be reminded?

3.  Social Distancing?  a) Were tickets sold with an empty seat between parties?  b) Limits in number of people in restrooms?  c)  ALL entrances open so no bunching at 2 doors?   d) All corps sales outside to reduce exposure or at least GREATLY spread out around the entire stadium?

4.  Will there be enforcement of the stadium rule requiring ticket holders to sit in purchased tickets ONLY (reducing exposure - and no circus of seat-hopping)?

5.  ALL or most bathrooms OPEN to reduce exposure.

6.  Performance schedule so one can plan ahead to see the corps one desires and reduce a long, extended exposure?   I found on the Lucas Oil site that the show starts at 3 pm the first two days and 2 pm the last day -  but of course no list of performances.

7.  Will the parking lot East of the stadium allow ticket holders to pass thru the staging area on the east side of the stadium or will that be roped off?

8.  The Lucas Oil website has some very specific rules on allowing ONLY CLEAR bags of specified sizes - which has not been the case in previous years (or at least not enforced).  This year people may need to bring additional supplies such as replacement masks (after 6-8 hours of wearing), hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes.  It would be nice to know if ONLY the clear bags will be allowed.     Needless to say a small snack or water if we don't feel safe to stand in concession lines with 100's of people shoulder to shoulder waiting to get a bottle of water.  (Assuming all drinking fountains are disabled.)

9.  As someone who tries to avoid retail stores and phone purchases - how will the cashless system work as stated on the Lucas Oil website?

10.  This is my first year of being a "Friends of DCI" member.  Other years I have noticed that the group got special badges and even perhaps special entrances to the stadium.  But with only a few days to go - I have not received any communication about this.

11.  Does the "Stadium Authority" or "Indiana Health Department" have any special rules or expectations we need to be aware of?  I am assuming they have the FINAL say about many of these questions.

I am not a newbie to the event - in fact I have attended in person EVERY year (except 1972 and 1976) - so I am aware of the practices of DCI.  But this year they seem to be dropping the ball or sticking their head in the sand and hoping it all goes well.  I know it is a big job even in a regular year - but they must let fans know what to expect.

Thanks to anyone that can offer some information on these issues.

I would imagine they are waiting on any local pending regulations/guidance to clarify - unfortunately this is a fluid and late breaking situation

Hi,

I don't have many answers, but I did ask about the VIP badges for Friends of DCI members (since they also serve as the tickets), and was told that there would be no hard/badge credentials this year due to mobile ticketing and COVID protocols (most likely because they will be limiting access throughout the stadium).  

Hope this helps!

43 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I would imagine they are waiting on any local pending regulations/guidance to clarify - unfortunately this is a fluid and late breaking situation

I’m thinking DCIs best info they can give to the fans is the link to the latest requirements for Indy. Heavens knows it can change during that time.

50 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m thinking DCIs best info they can give to the fans is the link to the latest requirements for Indy. Heavens knows it can change during that time.

Where is "link to the latest requirements" to which you refer?  I found nothing on the DCI site -  I did find some general info on the stadium website which is about all the events held at the stadium -  but no rules specific to DCI.

Good questions to ask. I suspect DCI is scrambling to stay on top of things and to consider how and when it's best to communicate details. I also suspect no matter how hard they try, all this is going to be unsatisfying to some people. It's a messy, complex situation.

I'm prepared for almost anything over the next few weeks. For DCI events and for changes to policies as colleges and universities fill up with students once again.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Good questions to ask. I suspect DCI is scrambling to stay on top of things and to consider how and when it's best to communicate details. I also suspect no matter how hard they try, all this is going to be unsatisfying to some people. It's a messy, complex situation.

I'm prepared for almost anything over the next few weeks. For DCI events and for changes to policies as colleges and universities fill up with students once again.

I carry masks everywhere.  I keep packs of surgical masks in the console my car. I bought a giant box of them from Costco up north when this started. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeff61108 said:

Where is "link to the latest requirements" to which you refer?  I found nothing on the DCI site -  I did find some general info on the stadium website which is about all the events held at the stadium -  but no rules specific to DCI.

I didn’t say DCI had a link. I’m saying that DCI could help the possibly changing situation by having (IOW creating) a webpage with the latest regulations for the stadium and Indianapolis. If requirements change DCI would update the page as needed. Then put the link on the DCI home page and page for the Indy activities (if there is such a page).