DCI Needs to update FANS attending Indy 2021

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I carry masks everywhere.  I keep packs of surgical masks in the console my car. I bought a giant box of them from Costco up north when this started. 

Yep just put a box in the car. Forget if it was CostCo or Ollie’s (good stuff cheap) where I bought it. And sanitizer sheets been in the car since the start. 
Just read a  county about an hour from me on the PA turnpike is at 27% vaccinated. (Entire state at 78% adults with at least one shot) Relying on God to protect them (direct quote) instead of taking precautions. 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬 Glad I have no reason to go there…

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Sad 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep just put a box in the car. Forget if it was CostCo or Ollie’s (good stuff cheap) where I bought it. And sanitizer sheets been in the car since the start. 
Just read a  county about an hour from me on the PA turnpike is at 27% vaccinated. Relying on God to protect them (direct quote) instead of taking precautions. 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬 Glad I have no reason to go there…

I have two hand sanitizers in the car but they were there before Covid because I’m a germaphobe. 

• Like 2

Here's guessing that DCI would rather wait until nearer to the event than have to walk back any guidance that they announce. 

Will knowing the answers to any of your questions change how you prepare? Will it change your attendance? I'm guessing "no" to both, and I'm guessing DCI is betting on the same.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Here's guessing that DCI would rather wait until nearer to the event than have to walk back any guidance that they announce. 

Will knowing the answers to any of your questions change how you prepare? Will it change your attendance? I'm guessing "no" to both, and I'm guessing DCI is betting on the same.

My opinion DCI should have right on the main webpage saying something like

“if you are attending the Indy celebration click here”.  
And then proceed to provide all the information They have as of now and clearly state things can change at any moment. 

DCI is horrible and I mean horrible with communication especially for when it comes to the fans..,

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

For some questions - no.  But others it will make a big difference.  For example, I have no see thru bag in my possession.  If needed, I would order something from Amazon before I fly there.  Yes, I too, have many mask options - but will not take them ALL with me on a 4 day trip.  For people that have sanitizer in the car - it should be replaced as the summer heat makes it ineffective.  (Especially here - where it was 119 today.)  If I know where the most convenient place to park is located, perhaps I will not have to walk all around the entire stadium.  (Yes I have a favorite spot - but my question is - will this still have access?) If I know the schedule, I can plan ahead to possibly know or plan to avoid the bottleneck around the corps sales areas.   If I know I can bring a bottle of water, I will not have to throw away items not allowed.  If I know I cannot go 8 hours without some sugar (diabetes), I will come prepared with a plan to avoid the crowed concession area.  If I know that the Indiana Health Dept. makes the final decisions and DCI has a link to their website - I will feel more informed and comfortable attending the event.  Since it is now only 5 business days preceding my flight there, it does not seem too early to plan ahead.   So yes it will change how I prepare and plan.  And I prefer to come home without covid - while I understand there are no guarantees from DCI or anyone else.

Perhaps I am expecting too much -  but sadly at this point my backup plan if it appears too unsafe - to go back to the Indy hotel and watch what I can on the Flowmarching stream.  I have purchased the tickets so DCI has their money, but they should feel some obligation to make people feel as safe as possible and want to come back another year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I would imagine they are waiting on any local pending regulations/guidance to clarify - unfortunately this is a fluid and late breaking situation

and given the optics and politics of the situation ( not bashing either side) and the continuing evolution of the situation you may literally not know til you get there.

24 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Killing me that I can't go to Indy this year, but with a pregnant wife at home...I just can't take any chances even though we're both vaccinated. 

Don't take a chance. I know two people who died from Covid. They died alone in a hospital with nice hospital staffers but no close ones.

7 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Don't take a chance. I know two people who died from Covid. They died alone in a hospital with nice hospital staffers but no close ones.

I'm planning on being  there for the 50th anniversary next year. Flo will have to suffice for 2021.

47 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Killing me that I can't go to Indy this year, but with a pregnant wife at home...I just can't take any chances even though we're both vaccinated. 

Priorities friend priorities… good luck to all… three of you….

• Like 1