DCI Needs to update FANS attending Indy 2021

19 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

DCI has an email and FAQ out to Friends of DCI. It's good information. Here are some highlights for LOS:

• no masks required inside
  • no clear bag policy - but keep the bags of reasonable size
  • no seat spacing, but the number of attendees is smaller than in the past
  • north and west entrances only; east and south entrances closed
  • no going out to the lots
  • everything is cashless

And for the events:

• same order all three nights
  • order to be announced August 7
  • some special programming each day
  • 2022 Friends and Super 3 tickets sales going online; none of those paper forms to fill out as in previous years

(Now that I think about it, wasn't it kind of weird to have DCI messing with paper ticket applications in the late 2010s?)

So we can bring vuvuzelas -- Awesome!   :dancin:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

I wish DCI or Lucas Oil stadium would make being vaccinated mandatory to attend. I'll bring my card to be safe. 

a lot of that has to do with what they can demand due to local and state laws

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Stopped off in Tuba, AZ, on our way home and it was like we stepped back into last Summer.  Masks required, most fast foods were drive-up only, and the gas station we used had a door monitor checking temps and only allowing so many people in at a time.  Tuba has the largest Navajo population within Navajo Nation and they may be experiencing an increase in people with C19, or maybe they're not interested in vaccines.

Edited by Ghost

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Stopped off in Tuba, AZ, on our way home and it was like we stepped back into last Summer.  Masks required, most fast foods were drive-up only, and the gas station we used had a door monitor checking temps and only allowing so many people in at a time.  

They're following good science, in this case.  The new variant poses more risks, and while it'd be great to know that every sentient person over the age of 12 is vaccinated, hence relatively low risk, we don''t have that world, unfortunately.

14 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

So we can bring vuvuzelas -- Awesome!   :dancin:

I’m sure the announcement of “No vuvuzelas” will be a last second restriction and will have to be broadcast on loudspeakers outside of the stadium as people try to enter. Maybe they can get Dan Potter to announce it.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yup. The Wife and I are fully vaccinated. We are 110% comfortable going out and about maskless. 

Edited by TenHut

Just now, Gretchen C said:

Hi,

I don't have many answers, but I did ask about the VIP badges for Friends of DCI members (since they also serve as the tickets), and was told that there would be no hard/badge credentials this year due to mobile ticketing and COVID protocols (most likely because they will be limiting access throughout the stadium).  

Hope this helps!

Hi Gretchen

Questions also...not driving semi this year, but thinking of going    Mobile ticketing ?General seating ?  Masks ? Overbearing security ?  hope to digest it all when I get more info.

Paul

11 hours ago, Ghost said:

Stopped off in Tuba, AZ, on our way home and it was like we stepped back into last Summer.  Masks required, most fast foods were drive-up only, and the gas station we used had a door monitor checking temps and only allowing so many people in at a time.  Tuba has the largest Navajo population within Navajo Nation and they may be experiencing an increase in people with C19, or maybe they're not interested in vaccines.

Early in the pandemic, COVID spread like wildfire through the Navajo population. Their response is how everyone else's response should have been. 91% of the Navajo Nation is now vaccinated with at least one shot, the highest rate in the world. Yet they continue to take these precautions, because they are smart.

All Native American populations taken as a whole make up the most vaccinated demographic in the United States.

• Like 2

This is the email I got from DCI late Friday.

Greetings 2021 Friends of DCI!

For those who have attended DCI shows and/or supported the corps - whether in-person or virtually - thank you! What the corps performers, staff, and volunteers are accomplishing in 2021 is nothing short of amazing! 

With gratitude, we would like to provide you with a small token of appreciation (one per 2021 Friends of DCI Membership). If you are a Friend of DCI and will be attending the 2021 Celebration Events at Lucas Oil Stadium, you can pick this up at the location and during the times listed below. If you are a Friend of DCI and will not be attending the 2021 Celebration Events at Lucas Oil Stadium, we will be sending this to you in the mail. 

Friends of DCI Appreciation Pick-Up - North East Gate of Lucas Oil Stadium

Thursday, August 12th - 1:30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Friday, August 13th - 12:30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Saturday, August 14th - 12:30 PM - 6:00 PM Eastern

Questions, Concerns, Important Information & FAQs

• If you have any questions or concerns related to Ticketing, please reach out via email (tickets@dci.org), by phone (317.275.1212), or at the Lucas Oil Box Office in Indianapolis during the events August 12th - 14th. Please check your spam/junk folder if you are not able to find your tickets.

• If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns over the next week, please contact us HERE.

• Attached to this email is an Important Information and FAQ sheet regarding the 2021 DCI Celebration Events in Indianapolis from Drum Corps International.

• Please be aware that I will be unreachable during the 2021 DCI Celebration Events in Indianapolis due to my role on the field during the shows.

With appreciation,

Meredith Anderson

--

Meredith Anderson
Operations Administrator
Drum Corps International
Marching Music's Major League™

2495 Directors Row, Suite I
Indianapolis, IN 46241

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021 DCI Celebration Event Important Information and FAQ
We are excited to welcome you to the 2021 DCI Celebration Events in Indianapolis!

More than ever before, we are focused on the safety of everyone involved with our activities this summer,
including the thousands of guests who will be joining us in the stadium.
We are continuing to follow the applicable guidance from the CDC, the Marion County (IN) Department of
Health, and Lucas Oil Stadium, as well as the stringent guidelines created by the DCI Tour Reopening
Task Force.

Despite these efforts, we are all cognizant of the fact that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists
in any public place where people are present. We recognize that COVID-19 is an extremely contagious
disease which can lead to severe illness and death according to the CDC. By entering the stadium, our
ticket holders voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
As always, we are concerned for the health, wellness and safety of everyone taking part in our
remarkable activity. With the pandemic in the forefront, we are mindful of the entire community – including
our students, teachers, administrators, volunteers and the legion of loyal fans who support them.
Please rest assured that we will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC and Marion County in our
preparation for what is shaping up to be a fantastic week of performances by the resilient, hard-working
and remarkable performers who will share the greatest stage in marching music upon their arrival in
Indianapolis.

We wish you safe travels and will look forward to welcoming you to the Celebration!

Frequently Asked Questions

Health and Safety protocols have been implemented with guidance from the CDC, Marion County (IN)
Department of Health, and Lucas Oil Stadium along with input from the DCI Tour Reopening Task Force.
Is there a vaccination requirement for attending DCI celebration events at Lucas Oil Stadium?
We are not requiring vaccinations for spectators in attendance at the event. We respectfully ask everyone
to please get vaccinated.

Will temperatures be taken upon entering?
Event staff will not be taking temperatures for entrance into the venue.
Will masks be required while in the stadium?
Spectators will not be required to wear masks. There are no mask mandates in Indiana at this time.
However, pursuant to CDC guidelines, wearing of masks while inside Lucas Oil Stadium is strongly
encouraged. All DCI Staff and corps personnel will be required to wear masks while inside the venue for
the safety of all.

Social Distancing?
Fans are encouraged to be aware of their surroundings and be respectful of all in regard to practicing
social distancing. Below are steps that DCI has taken to assist in this regard:
1. For 2021, fans will be able to enter through the North and West entrances, closer to the spectator
seating. The East and South entrances will be closed, helping you to limit your time in the
marketplace if you so choose.
2. The DCI Marketplace features a reduced number of booths spread through Lucas Oil Plaza and
the West Concourse. We’ve done this to create additional distancing opportunities between corps
merchandise booths.
3. With additional entrances for spectator entry and the fact that the number of people in attendance
each day will be less than it has been in the past, social distancing practices should be easier to
manage for all.

Were tickets sold with an empty seat between parties?
No. Requirements for spacing between seats was removed by Lucas Oil Stadium with approval from the
Marion County (IN) Health Department at the beginning of July.
Will all or most restrooms be open or will there be limits on the number of people to reduce
exposure? All restrooms in areas that we are using should be open. There are currently no limits
regarding the number of guests in the restroom at a given time.

Will there be enforcement of the stadium rule requiring ticket holders to sit in purchased seats
ONLY?
All seats are reserved, and stadium personnel will happily assist guests with locating their ticketed seats.
When will the Performance schedule be released?
The daily performance schedule is currently slated for release by August 7. Each day will feature the
same performance order for performing corps but with the addition of special programming unique to
each day’s event:
1. The brand new GPG Music Stage will showcase different small group performances each day.
2. Special “Virtual” corps performances and recognitions will be featured on the stadium Jumbotron
screens throughout all three days..
3. Age-outs will be recognized throughout the day on Friday.
4. Saturday’s event will feature special performances from the University of Cincinnati Marching
Bearcat Band, The Columbus Saints, the US Marine Drum & Bugle Corps, and a very special
DrumLine Battle between the Memphis Youth Arts Initiative and the ATL Drum Academy

Thursday’s event will begin at 3:00 PM ET.
Events on Friday and Saturday will start at 2:00 PM ET each day.
All three days of DCI Celebration events are scheduled to end at approximately 11:00 PM ET.

What can we bring into Lucas Oil Stadium?
Lucas Oil Stadium has determined that the 2021 DCI Celebration Events do not require adherence to the
NFL “Clear Bag” Policy. However, the size of what you bring in should be limited to a maximum size of 12
x 6 x 12. All bags will be searched upon entrance and no outside food or beverages are permitted in
Lucas Oil Stadium.

Is Lucas Oil Stadium cashless?
Lucas Oil Stadium is a cashless stadium and only accepts card and mobile payment for both concessions
and stadium retail purchases. It is also likely that many corps in the DCI Marketplace will be cashless.
There are two cash-to-card kiosks located at Sections 144 and 543 for those who prefer not to use their
own cards or who prefer to carry cash.

Will there be a Friends of DCI credential this year?
This year you will only need your mobile ticket on your smartphone for entry into the stadium. There are
no other credentials for Friends of DCI or spectators.

Can I leave the stadium and re-enter later?
Yes, stadium exit and re-entry are available through the North and West entrances. Upon exit you will
receive a wristband from the gatekeepers. Upon re-entry, you will need to show your ticket and wristband
to gain re-admittance. Wristbands will be different for each day.

Can I go to the parking lot to watch warmup or see my Corps member?
No. The parking lot where corps are parked are closed to the general public at the request of the
participating organizations and at the advice of public health officials. Special credentials will be required
to enter the lot. Only authorized corps personnel and DCI Staff members will have those credentials.
Please help keep members and staff safe by respecting this safety zone. Fans will be permitted to visit
Military Park to watch corps warmup, but must maintain a minimum distance of 20 feet from all performers
and corps personnel. Please observe all posted signs. We truly appreciate your cooperation in
maintaining the safety of everyone involved in these DCI Celebration Events!

Can I buy tickets at the stadium?
Yes, you can by visiting the Lucas Oil Box office at the Southeast corner. Please note that the box office
is cashless. You will also need a smartphone to receive your tickets as no paper tickets will be printed.

Is there a will call window?
No, there is no will call window. All tickets must be purchased and present on your mobile device in order
to gain access to the stadium.

Will I be able to purchase my 2022 Friends of DCI Membership or secure my place in line for the
2022 Super 3 Ticket package at the stadium as I have in the past?
The answer is no and yes. Previous participants in the Friends of DCI and Super 3 Ticket programs will
be receiving information soon concerning the 2022 advance ticketing process. All purchases will now be
handled online and we will no longer be using paper forms. Access to these programs will be available
starting at Noon ET on Thursday, August 12. DCI ticket staff will be available at the box office to assist
and answer any questions you may have.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hate to have to post this for others as DCI should be posting this information for EVERYONE.  Hopefully, it will help others that are not Friends of DCI as this seems to be addressed to.