DCI Needs to update FANS attending Indy 2021

On 8/6/2021 at 1:13 PM, rmurrey74 said:

I wish DCI or Lucas Oil stadium would make being vaccinated mandatory to attend. I'll bring my card to be safe. 

My guess is it is too late for DCI or LOS to make vaccination a requirement. As more and more businesses are requiring vaccines, there is usually a period of time employees have to comply.  My guess would be that for ticket sales, the requirement would have to be in place prior to the sale.

I know in Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, the state  can require masks and businesses have to obey the requirement. While individual private businesses cannot ignore the state or local ordinances, they can require masks if they so desire even if the city or state does not have a mask requirement. They also do not have to give notice. If the same holds true in Indiana, the state and the city have the right to make ordinances that all businesses must adhere to, but since it is private property, LOS could make a mask requirement even if the city or state does not require it. 

On 8/6/2021 at 1:13 PM, rmurrey74 said:

I wish DCI or Lucas Oil stadium would make being vaccinated mandatory to attend. I'll bring my card to be safe. 

But even if just vaccinated it takes a few weeks or so to soak in. Then the second dose. Too late for unvaccinated to do it now. 

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Stopped off in Tuba, AZ, on our way home and it was like we stepped back into last Summer.  Masks required, most fast foods were drive-up only, and the gas station we used had a door monitor checking temps and only allowing so many people in at a time.  Tuba has the largest Navajo population within Navajo Nation and they may be experiencing an increase in people with C19, or maybe they're not interested in vaccines.

Since its off topic already I will add. From what I have read and heard it is the Exact opposite on Vax rates in the Navajo Nation. The Navajo Nation is more vaccinated than the USA. I was all in that area from Vermillion Cliffs, Page, Gap, Tuba, down to Flagstaff and Sedona 3 weeks ago and there were none of what you mention with regards to Tuba. It was pre Delta panic parn though. I did notice the Navajo Nation had signs up all along 89 with masking info. A few of the nation's council members have shut down most of the nations sites due to covid, Antelope slot canyons seemed to be open when I was in Page and talked to the guides. I took a permit group into Vermillion clifs during the time and was looking to pick up a few guides for pack hauling. We did all the hiking trekking and camping with no masks though. In order to hike with me or my group you had to have the vax. 

DCI says no mask mandate or vax requirements for the stadium. Its good to have DCI back. 

8 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Early in the pandemic, COVID spread like wildfire through the Navajo population. Their response is how everyone else's response should have been. 91% of the Navajo Nation is now vaccinated with at least one shot, the highest rate in the world. Yet they continue to take these precautions, because they are smart.

All Native American populations taken as a whole make up the most vaccinated demographic in the United States.

Maybe Tony Hillerman can put Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee on the C19/vaccine beat.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:18 AM, Jeff Ream said:

a lot of that has to do with what they can demand due to local and state laws

Well, I'm on the road to an early show & Indy.  Stopped for the first time since CV-19 started in March 2020, at a "sit-down" restaurant in Kentucky & I was the only one wearing a mask when not eating/drinking.  The server even sat down at the table with me even though there was a sticker on the floor that shows them where to take the order.  (I hoping they had all received their vaccination.)

Also, the roads in "Commonwealth of Kentucky" are "independently" horrible; we need the infrastructure bill.  I sat in Louisville traffic due to "1 lane" construction for 1.5 hours.  I usually fly; I remember now why I stopped driving.  

:soapbox:    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ReeesyCup said:

Welp...August 8th and still no performance schedule.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.  I'd wager money that this was decided months ago.  Look at who came out this year, where they finished in 2019 and whether or not they committed to Indy.  That will most likely be your performance order.  DCI is nothing if not predictable... with or without judging.

25 minutes ago, Daave said:

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.  I'd wager money that this was decided months ago.  Look at who came out this year, where they finished in 2019 and whether or not they committed to Indy.  That will most likely be your performance order.  DCI is nothing if not predictable... with or without judging.

Yeah, I've also had the thought that they probably wouldn't stray too far from everyone's expectations. But – seems as if they've made it a point not to post the performance order anywhere so far. I wouldn't want to plan my day around what I assume the performance schedule is going to be and then get caught off-guard.