DCI Needs to update FANS attending Indy 2021

21 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I spoke with people at the Lawrence show who happen to be going to Indy. All are vaccinated, some are concerned that the state of Indiana has a 45% vaccination rate and Indianapolis itself has a 40% rate. There were concerns about the “honor system” and mask wearing, but a general consensus that people should not be required to show proof of vaccination. None thought DCI issuing a mask policy would be a good idea, but expect it will and understand why this may happen. I think this would be a typical conversation anywhere.

Many of the people who will be sitting around me have been vaccinated. Some will wear masks, some will not unless required. I know I will mask up in line for concessions and walking around the marketplace. I don’t believe any of the corps will have “self serve” souvenir stands. I think you’ll ask for something and a person will sell it to you. I’ll probably wear a mask during the shows, especially if it makes the people sitting with me more comfortable. At places other than LOS, I will wear masks in stores and indoors places in Indy. Outdoors, no, unless there is a crowd. 

Wow.  Illinois is higher than them.  46% fully vaccinated.  Florida is 46% fully vaccinated, too, but 92% of over 65 is fully vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I spoke with people at the Lawrence show who happen to be going to Indy. All are vaccinated, some are concerned that the state of Indiana has a 45% vaccination rate and Indianapolis itself has a 40% rate. There were concerns about the “honor system” and mask wearing, but a general consensus that people should not be required to show proof of vaccination. None thought DCI issuing a mask policy would be a good idea, but expect it will and understand why this may happen. I think this would be a typical conversation anywhere.

40% and 45% yikes… PA around 65% (over 18 with at least one shot) (edit: had higher percentage I got from the state but numbers don’t match) but have pockets of low rates for whatever reasons. Including that under 30% an hour from me cuz “God will take of it”. 😱

Edited by JimF-LowBari

As of now there are not a lot of tickets left in the good sections. I was just checking tickets because I may head out for 2 days. 

24 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

As of now there are not a lot of tickets left in the good sections. I was just checking tickets because I may head out for 2 days. 

On the DCP Facebook page, there have been several great seats for Indy being sold.  Sections 140, 239 were sections someone was offering yesterday.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

40% and 45% yikes… PA around 75% (over 18 with at least one shot) but have pockets of low rates for whatever reasons. Including that under 30% an hour from me cuz “God will take of it”. 😱

Look at fully vaccinated in Pennsylvania.  It’s probably much lower. 

12 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

I wish DCI or Lucas Oil stadium would make being vaccinated mandatory to attend. I'll bring my card to be safe. 

I don't think they could.

Tickets were sold without a vaccine mandate.

People made travel arrangements, booked hotels, etc. based on this.

Put a mandate in now ,and even someone who had  gotten their first dose a week ago, wouldn't be able to be fully vaccinated.

Try to put in a mandate now, and you open a Pandora's Box for litigation.

I also don't know, even if they wanted  to,if DCI even has the ability to make that type of mandate, after the fact.

I would think its up to the state/county/venue owner.

Edited by rpbobcat

41 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Look at fully vaccinated in Pennsylvania.  It’s probably much lower. 

Actually not bad, from PA Covid Alert app which is updated daily:

5.75M fully vaccinated

673k with first dose

state population over 18 around 9.35M so slightly over 60% fully vaccinated.

Gonna edit my previous post as together is 68%

But bad news is we hit the peak of people getting vaccinated few months ago. Guessing 10k or less getting vaccinated daily Mon-Fri.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Hey again, Someone posted section 140 row 17 within the past hour. That’s a GREAT location. Check out DCP on Facebook.

• Like 2

DCI has an email and FAQ out to Friends of DCI. It's good information. Here are some highlights for LOS:

• no masks required inside
  • no clear bag policy - but keep the bags of reasonable size
  • no seat spacing, but the number of attendees is smaller than in the past
  • north and west entrances only; east and south entrances closed
  • no going out to the lots
  • everything is cashless

And for the events:

• same order all three nights
  • order to be announced August 7
  • some special programming each day
  • 2022 Friends and Super 3 tickets sales going online; none of those paper forms to fill out as in previous years

(Now that I think about it, wasn't it kind of weird to have DCI messing with paper ticket applications in the late 2010s?)

Edited by mjoakes
Added note about 2022 tickets.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4