No scores, and I kinda like it...

Just now, skevinp said:

Perhaps, but who are we to squash the conversation?

Bah dum dum. <cymbal crash> 

I am enjoying no judging this year, and based on the three shows I’ve seen, it allows the corps to have fun and take risks but it doesn’t mean corps don’t work at improving their shows. I do not have Flomarching but I have seen Music City, Spirit, Cadets, Bloo, and BAC live and saw enjoyable shows that improved each night. However unless we have an off season like our recent one that began in February of 2020 and only ended for some corps in June of 2021, I would like judging back in 2022.

On 8/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, Poppycock said:

Enjoy it while you can! BD will be getting higher scores again next season.

I am not going to predict a Blue Devils debacle or SCV and Crown clawing their way back into finals, but next year will be interesting. To me it all depends on corps holding on to what they are working with this year. Bloo and BAC are pretty formidable and I’m looking forward to seeing how the compare to Cavies when I see all three together. If Cadets can build on what they have they may not be racing to the very top next year, but they will be well on their way to returning to major competitiveness in 2023 or 2024. I’m looking forward to seeing them alongside Phantom. Blue Stars have had solid reviews and Mandarins gets positive press. Lots of things in the world are changing, and that could include drum corps. Of course lots stays the same and I’m sure Blue Devils would love to take home the title for the 50th anniversary of DCI. Where some believe SCV should have won in 1972, they’d like to take it home too. Personally I’d like to see it come East, and if you’re from Massachusetts, New Jersey or now Pennsylvania is West, not East, so Eat’m up Boston!