East Coast Showcase -- Lawrence, MA -- 8/4

My verdict on the screens in person: At first they are distracting and the video design early is rough.  They work great for solos and for the ballad!  The last part is ok, not distracting like it is early. I think they should leave off until solos and ballad.  

1 minute ago, tommynev said:

Flo told me to report if any sound issues happened after I complained about Dubuque. Just e-mailed them, not like it matters

They really need a live support person for each show. What’s the point of telling them when the read your email the next day?

• Like 1

So up through the ballad I thought Boston was incredible! Still some work to do with those panels, but I do like some things about what they add. Definitely in the experimental stage. As for the brass, percussion, and guard this is seriously the best performing Crusaders I've ever seen. Brass is absolutely the best line on the field this summer. Guard may be too, though I think Bluecoats guard is also amazing. If they can clean a few things with the drill and get those screens working I believe this show can light it up in Allentown and Indy. 

Hopefully FLO will have a full audio/video performance of Boston up tomorrow so we can see and hear the end. Still in your corner Flo. A lot of things were really good tonight, and you're not done any favors by the over amplification of the modern DCI pit. 

Edited by jwillis35

Bloo...good god i'm liking this show more everytime i see it .  Iwasn't sold on first view but it's really catching me.

BAC.  Fantastic soun... ok let's focus on the visuals then.   Gaurd is everything, i had to ignore the screens to notice though

• Like 2

Overall for the night in person: 

Bloo has the most complete show and would dominate visual and GE if scores existed. Would score well above everyone else for a win. 

Bloo would probably eek out a brass score over BAC  but this is a much improved BAC brass 

BAC would win guard scores. They put on a riffle clinic! Bloo guard is very clean but BAC has high level of difficulty and also pretty clean.  

BAC also has the best ballad which was beautiful   

I’m no drums expert so no opinion there , to me they all sounded  good  

I really enjoyed all the corps and my first in person show in 2 years! 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 4

"Due to the current state of copyright law in the US, we are unable to provide sound on videos post-performance."

HEY FLO...how about audio DURING a performance....lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

That is one heck of a brass book Boston is playing this year...and they are handling it marvelously...My hope is this carries forward to next season...

• Like 2