Fri Aug 6 - Bring in Da Noise, Bring in DeKalb

Again, a close up of the guard doing what? running to the sideline to change equipment.  WHY flo..WHY?

• Like 1

Love that ballad. One issue...the problem with using concert cymbals in the pit is if you mic them poorly they cut through like they are WAY in front of the total balance of brass and battery. Phantom's cymbals in the pit are way too HOT. Get them away from the mics. 

Second half of the show is not as clean as the first yet, but they are BOOKING in the closing minute.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I wonder if it impacts recruiting and retention at all? Probably not for a corps like cavies but maybe for some. 

Wouldn’t think it does. I’m sure the members were made aware of the staffs intentions. Also would think that the members also know what the program that was originally intended for 2020 entailed. From what I understand everyone was pretty excited for it and thought it would help them compete for a medal. Maybe ‘22?

Oh I see how they're doing the 93 flag nod now from high. 

it starts in the back and the rest of the guard sections into the flag spins.

• Like 1

Phantom>>>>BlueStars>>Cavaliers>>Colts 

Great show by Phantom.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Agreed. And while I get that Flo wants to highlight some of the guard soloists and such, the amount of time they're focusing on the guard moving the props v. this great drill annoys me.

Thought it was me alone getting annoyed at the time they spent on close up shots, while the bigger drill moments happening.

11 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I'm sure every design team had a different read on what this summer was going to be. I think Cavaliers staff felt it needed to be fun, old school, and non competitive. Next summer will be a completely different type of show. 

It definitely seems they had a different read on what the summer would be. Maybe didn’t think other corps would bring back old competitive programs or use the intended 2020 shows.

Edited by GREENBLUE