Fri Aug 6 - Bring in Da Noise, Bring in DeKalb

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh I see how they're doing the 93 flag nod now from high. 

it starts in the back and the rest of the guard sections into the flag spins.

03?

What a fantastic show! Definitely one of my favorite shows of the summer. Brass might be younger but wow are they playing a tough book. I mean there are some very demanding licks in that show. Percussion too. 

Sadly the concert cymbal crashes ruined a lot of the end, at least for us watching on FLO. Perhaps this was not an issue at the stadium. So I don't know if the issue was FLO or the way Phantom had their own mics in the pit. Cymbals should sound like they are coming from behind the music ensemble, not in front...and what we heard was WAY in front, almost like they were a soloist. 

Still, one of the best shows of the summer and they will destroy the crowds at Indy for sure. Bravo!!!

• Like 3

Dear Blue Stars,

love your sound…lose the tarp. Sorry, I’m on PST

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

03?

Someting 3.  I'm old, be nice.

1990s were just 20 years ago...right?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

It definitely seems they had a different read on what the summer would be. Maybe didn’t think other corps would bring back old competitive programs or use the intended 2020 shows.

Agree, but there is another way to look at this. Cavaliers have been a top 4 or 5 corps in recent years. In a throw away exhibition season like this why put all your efforts into a full competitive show. But for Phantom and Cadets, well it's a bit different. The Cadets have had a tough go of it for 5+ years. No need to rehash any of that on or off the field, but we're just lucky they still exist. They desperately needed this summer to show recruits that they are back and can program and teach. Phantom has also struggled in recent years and this gave them a good chance to teach their members a full competitive show. This was not just a positive for the members but also for the staff who need to begin now in learning how to program, recruit, teach, and coordinate their ideas. 

For a corps like Boston it was a chance to show off their amazing talent in horns and drums and percussion and to try some new ideas. For Bluecoats they probably could have gone the Cavaliers route but decided to do the show they would have done in 2020 (I assume). They likely have a good number of age outs marching who missed their 2020 chance. 

Edited by jwillis35

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Agree, but there is another way to look at this. Cavaliers have been a top 4 or 5 corps in recent years. In a throw away exhibition season like this why put all your efforts into a full competitive show. But for Phantom and Cadets, well it's a bit different. The Cadets have had a tough go of it for 5+ years. No need to rehash any of that on or off the field, but we're just lucky they still exist. They desperately needed this summer to show recruits that they are back and can program and teach. Phantom has also struggled in recent years and this gave them a good chance to teach their members a full competitive show. This was not just a positive for the members but also for the staff who need to begin now in learning how to program, recruit, teach, and coordinate their ideas. 

For a corps like Boston it was a chance to show off their amazing talent in horns and drums and percussion and to try some new ideas. For Bluecoats they probably could have gone the Cavaliers route but decided that likely do the show they would have done in 2020. They likely have a good number of age outs marching who missed their 2020 chance. 

Great way to look at it and a different perspective. I do wonder if they’re second guessing themselves now that they’ve seen the quality of design out there. 

Who was doing the encore tonight? It couldn't have been Phantom Regiment. The Contras were STANDING!!! They weren't using stools. I thought it was in their contract that if you played Contra for the Regiment you got to sit on a stool during all encore performances.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

For a corps like Boston it was a chance to show off their amazing talent in horns and drums and percussion and to try some new ideas. For Bluecoats they probably could have gone the Cavaliers route but decided to do the show they would have done in 2020 (I assume). They likely have a good number of age outs marching who missed their 2020 chance. 

Top 4,5 and 6 😜

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Great way to look at it and a different perspective. I do wonder if they’re second guessing themselves now that they’ve seen the quality of design out there. 

Looking back they'll probably wish they had added giant screens and tarps.

• Haha 3