Fri Aug 6 - Bring in Da Noise, Bring in DeKalb

Just now, Slingerland said:

Cavaliers have a top 3 brass line with a bottom 3 guard and visual program. I know it's a Mulligan of a year, but their visual folks made little apparent effort to challenge the members. Disappointing.

They may have had a top 3 brass line in 2019, I don't know that they do for this summer. But I just think they are letting the members have fun and blow. Very talented for sure. They have taken a different approach to this summer. Nothing wrong with that. Next year we will get to see a fantastic Cavaliers corps again for sure. 

• Like 1

Blue Star brass sounds great! Not buying the tarp but it's working better than I thought it would. Big field covereage. Solos sound wonderful. Mallets are too hot but the pit is playing wonderfully. 

Wow BS, great job tonight! love the energy and design. 

• Like 2

The ending fell a little flat for me. Otherwise a very nice show. Blue Stars brass and percussion have come a long way over the years. They play at a high level. 

• Like 1

They actually seemed a bit tired tonight.  I'm sure the energy will be back though. I imagine cramming all these shows in takes its toll.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Cavaliers have a top 3 brass line with a bottom 3 guard and visual program. I know it's a Mulligan of a year, but their visual folks made little apparent effort to challenge the members. Disappointing, considering that visual 'wow' moments are their hallmark.

Hate to admit it, but I agree with you. This visual package was a complete let down. Was hoping after a few days of rehearsals this week that there would be some improvements made to the design. Not sure what happened there. There’s sooo much more that could’ve been done with drill design and props.Not digging some of the musical transitions either. The show is fun and entertaining but it’s not at the level we come to expect from their current staff. I’ll see them live tomorrow, maybe a better feel. As of right now though I kind of feel this show was just pieced together, a little disappointed.

• Like 2