One more week...

...and a 7-year drum corps career will come to a close ( as a marcher, anyway). 

I can't even explain how proud I am as a parent. I'm headed to Indy on Thursday. And then, in all honesty, I'll probably fade into the DCP woodwork as he moves on to his next phase of life. 

But I wanted to drop by as I sit here and wait to watch them march tonight and thank all you fine DCP'ers for the banter over the years that started in 2015 with Atlanta CV in DCA. I've kinda enjoyed having no scores this year, as it's left most conversations quite amicable. 

So...cheers to you all, DCP! And though it's borrowed..."Splooie!" 

223549173_10226885151777771_269729975785

• Like 7

I'm so glad he (you) and hundreds of other age-outs got to experience REAL drum corps in 2021.  I have been amazed at what ALL of the corps have been able to produce this year...way beyond my expectations, but I've always said drum corps kids are SIMPLY THE BEST.  (thanks Tina)

• Like 3

So happy you get to have this year and that he does too.

• Like 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

So happy you get to have this year and that he does too.

Just now, PopcornEater1963 said:

...and a 7-year drum corps career will come to a close ( as a marcher, anyway). 

I can't even explain how proud I am as a parent. I'm headed to Indy on Thursday. And then, in all honesty, I'll probably fade into the DCP woodwork as he moves on to his next phase of life. 

But I wanted to drop by as I sit here and wait to watch them march tonight and thank all you fine DCP'ers for the banter over the years that started in 2015 with Atlanta CV in DCA. I've kinda enjoyed having no scores this year, as it's left most conversations quite amicable. 

So...cheers to you all, DCP! And though it's borrowed..."Splooie!" 

223549173_10226885151777771_269729975785

Give you and yours a round of applause for making it possible for an MM to enjoy these great years and give us the shows that we have enjoyed during this time

• Like 2