Sat Aug 7 - Bring in your smile, the cavalcade’s in Lisle

I don't think I've ever seen Cavies do their corps song, nor the age out ceremony. Was great to watch! Looks like a ton of fun. Cringed a little at how close the alumni seemed to be to the corps though. Go Cavies!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Great day and evening in Lisle! 

As the clouds above were thick, there was no usual blinding sunset.

A lone trumpeter played the banner, though there was no American flag at the stadium. The trumpeter had a unique delivery, gently pointing his bell to all sides of the grandstand, swaying back and forth.

Beer sales were brisk.

Before the show, Teresa, Tony, me, and terrier Bonnie headed to the Bavarian Lodge, but the outdoor dining was closed. We headed instead to a delicious bbq joint which welcomed the dog. 

Great food: pulled pork, cole slaw, corn salad, baked beans, freshly squeezed lemonade.

Then we killed time by playing the card game Flinch.

After the show, we nightcapped at Legends: loaded tater tots, quesadillas, and pretzel bites. I’m taking the 11:38pm train back to Chicago.

There is so much midwestern in this post I think you've maxed out that caption.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TenHut said:

Can anyone explain what the tarp is and what the message of the show is?

Tarp is NYC transit system map like thing.  Music is from In The Heights.  It's about life in Washington Heights.

18 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Great day and evening in Lisle! 

As the clouds above were thick, there was no usual blinding sunset.

A lone trumpeter played the banner, though there was no American flag at the stadium. The trumpeter had a unique delivery, gently pointing his bell to all sides of the grandstand, swaying back and forth.

Beer sales were brisk.

Before the show, Teresa, Tony, me, and terrier Bonnie headed to the Bavarian Lodge, but the outdoor dining was closed. We headed instead to a delicious bbq joint which welcomed the dog. 

Great food: pulled pork, cole slaw, corn salad, baked beans, freshly squeezed lemonade.

Then we killed time by playing the card game Flinch.

After the show, we nightcapped at Legends: loaded tater tots, quesadillas, and pretzel bites. I’m taking the 11:38pm train back to Chicago.

I’m surprised they closed the outdoor Biergarten.  That was all that was open for awhile. 

3 hours ago, TenHut said:

Washington Heights? Never heard of it.

Latino neighborhood on the north end of Manhattan.  Again.. In the Heights is a musical the show is based on that.  It's not the first time a corps has done a musical based show.