Sat. Aug 7. A-TOWN

18 hours ago, Ghost said:

I have yet watched a complete Flo production.  Have only pulled up five corps and Boston is the only corps I've watched twice.  I'm not excited about getting my "DCI fix".  Whether it's the short season, no scores, some corps not participating, Flo, etc., it's just not happening.  Next viewing will be next Thursday to see how "finals week" is being done.

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

I don’t know if I have the stomach to watch the same corps again and again! 

In a normal year, having the experts post what changes corps are doing, does add some interest for me. Guess scoring is a bigger loss than I would have expected, but it is great that DCI is allowing corps to do something, and for the rabid fans to get their DCI fix.  Crowd in A-Town should be rocking tonight.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I don’t know if I have the stomach to watch the same corps again and again! 

That’s why I don’t have flo and will only be watching the corps live next week.

• Like 1

I decided against Allentown this year due to other plans. Now I’m looking at the weather, remembering the shows I saw in Lawrence and Quincy, not to mention that the plans I had for today got cancelled, and I’m kicking myself a bit. Some are critiquing that it’s the same five corps with the exception of Caballeros, but the corps compliment each other rather well. Four of the five corps have shared a common fan base for years, BAC and Cadets  have been rivals with similar fans since the 50’s. Bluecoats are beloved. Spirit is a very frequent visitor to the Northeast. I felt these four corps played off each other well and my guess is Music City, who stole the hearts of the Allentown rows in 2018 during the famous deluge that rivaled that of Noah’s day and won lots on new fans with their Boston area in 2019, feels at home with this crew.

I can’t wait to see all the participants in Indy, but if I knew on Thursday my plans would change, I’d be in Allentown very happy to see the same slate I saw last Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and probably see a few surprises. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

I also wanted to say the following: it is easy for some dcpers to critique Boston's panels, Cadets throw back show, Bluecoats park and blow, etc.  BUT, after spending the last 4 days around these kids, I've gotta tell you everyone is having a blast! I've spoken with alot of BAC members and a few Cadets. They are all so thrilled and thankful to be on tour.  We should share their joy!

Good thoughts. Glad the members are having a good time (and that you're getting to experience them a bit).

I think it's possible to have that perspective above and also express some criticisms of shows or performances at the same time. Most of the criticisms on DCP, as I see them, are more personal preferences, anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, craiga said:

This is great news.  The more, the better. Even though it is a small line-up, J Birney Crum will definitely give these performers (and fans) a big venue vibe!

I also wanted to say the following: it is easy for some dcpers to critique Boston's panels, Cadets throw back show, Bluecoats park and blow, etc.  BUT, after spending the last 4 days around these kids, I've gotta tell you everyone is having a blast! I've spoken with alot of BAC members and a few Cadets. They are all so thrilled and thankful to be on tour.  We should share their joy!

Nice to hear...From the above posts and ticket sales it appears the old girl is still alive and well

• Like 1

Never been there but the sidelines look to be along way from the sidelines.  

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

Never been there but the sidelines look to be along way from the sidelines.  

Did you mean the stands? No more different than any high school stadium.