Sat. Aug 7. A-TOWN

til we officially knew if there'd be shows or not, we had plans made...that crapped out LOL, but we didn't go and watched at home...with a Cadet alum. his pride in the corps was at a level I had not seen in a long time ( helped playing stuff from one of his years)...and even Flo's usual #### sound couldn't ruin it. he showed me a video made by someone else the other day that sounded light years better

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:I won’t renew for next season unless they improve or else DCI replaces them. 

Besides Finals Week, DCI should just put Tom Blair and his team in charge of all future live shows.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

I think I’ll ask a fan in attendance at shows next season to use their cell phone to tape the Corps shows next season and pay them to send to me than use Flo Marching . The dudes there at Flo must have gone to the Univ . of Useless as their audio and visual work at these DCI shows has become a veritable useless schittshow , imo.  The mic positioning is incompetent and thus the sound sucks . Flo needs  hire a sound engineer that knows what they’re doing , or they should stick to covering college wrestling and the like . I won’t renew for next season unless they improve or else DCI replaces them. 

That's why I dumped them several years ago & have never looked back.  When they first started, I saw them at a show with a camera hanging on a stick. (I guess a cheap version of a "steady-cam"?)  Obviously they haven't made much improvement since day 1.  Now I just wait for 'boot-leg' material on FB & YouTube. :mat: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

This last section felt like tilt 

It’s the contra ostinato from the portion of tilt before the drum feature layered in there 🙂

Lots of Easter eggs in the show, end of Walrus going into that portion has the fake out company front from 2018.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

That's why I dumped them several years ago & have never looked back.  When they first started, I saw them at a show with a camera hanging on a stick. (I guess a cheap version of a "steady-cam"?)  Obviously they haven't made much improvement since day 1.  Now I just wait for 'boot-leg' material on FB & YouTube. :mat: 

I don’t have Flo. Until I actually hear a positive review of them, I never will. Tomorrow, I begin a run of seeing five live shows in six days. The two shows I am going to before Indy features different corps line-ups, although I will see Bluecoats at each of those shows. I’m glad I decided to wait to see the shows live rather than to see sub-par broadcasts. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Hear there was a very good turnout tonight.

It seemed pretty good size.  I’m not sure what the capacity is but seemed like it was pretty packed between the 20’s.  Maybe 5000 or so.  The park and parking were definitely not quite as packed as usual but for a 6 corps show was pretty significant.

37 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I don’t have Flo. Until I actually hear a positive review of them, I never will. Tomorrow, I begin a run of seeing five live shows in six days. The two shows I am going to before Indy features different corps line-ups, although I will see Bluecoats at each of those shows. I’m glad I decided to wait to see the shows live rather than to see sub-par broadcasts. 

I don’t have much choice down here.  It’s not good.  

• Sad 1