Sat. Aug 7. A-TOWN

1 minute ago, Percussion827 said:

Did you mean the stands? No more different than any high school stadium.

Yes I meant stands.  Prefer no track when DCI comes down Auburn way…. No track. Just in yo face! 

Great show by Music City! They absolutely perform we in all captions. Thought their percussion section played extremely well tonight. Brass was controlled and musical and the guard was wonderful. This corps is well taught.

• Thanks 1

Spirit of Atlanta looking impressive. Love the burnt orange and yellow flags in the opener. 

Nice piccolo trumpet solo. Would love to see the rest of the guard in that bright green outfit that the solo guard member is wearing. That would provide some nice contrast, but it likely would not work with the theme of this show so I stand corrected. The use of flag colors in this show is wonderful. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

Weird micing tonight.  Just got home and starting with Spirit.  I hear bass guitar and cymbals likes they're in the room with me.  Everyone else like in the distance.  Miced solos like their in a different county.  Is it Flo mic placement?

Edited by jordsterr

Spirit really cleaned this up in the last few days. Definitely their best performance yet. I apologize that I have not read up on what their show is about but I get a sort of Winter Solstice feel. The show is wonderful. 

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

Spirit really cleaned this up in the last few days. Definitely their best performance yet. I apologize that I have not read up on what their show is about but I get a sort of Winter Solstice feel. The show is wonderful. 

Bottle Tree 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

Weird micing tonight.  Just got home and starting with Spirit.  I hear bass guitar and cymbals likes they're in the room with me.  Everyone else like in the distance.  Miced solos like their in a different county.  Is it Flo mic placement?

Most likely Flo. 

Flo has done that the last two shows i've watched. Sigh.

Tuning in just in time for BAC

8 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Nice piccolo trumpet solo. Would love to see the rest of the guard in that bright green outfit that the solo guard member is wearing. That would provide some nice contrast, but it likely would not work with the theme of this show so I stand corrected. The use of flag colors in this show is wonderful. 

I feel like the trumpet player is another character and not simply a soloist. Google bottletree and you’ll appreciate the show even more. 

• Like 2