If the corps WERE being judged this year...

6 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Yep...and it will be interesting to see how Corps are able to recruit and gear back up after the 2020 exemption. Watching the Cavaliers age-out ceremony in Lisle the other night had me thinking..."Is the whole CORPS ageing out?" I'm sure Cavaliers won't be the only Corps to face losing what was basically 2 classes of age-outs in one year and show up pretty young next year. 

I just don't think hardly any of the corps will have any trouble at all replacing age-outs, Popcorn. The best talent will still go where it wants to go. If corps can produce shows like we've seen this year in 3 weeks with a lot of age-outs, their outstanding organizations will find a way. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Yep...and it will be interesting to see how Corps are able to recruit and gear back up after the 2020 exemption. Watching the Cavaliers age-out ceremony in Lisle the other night had me thinking..."Is the whole CORPS ageing out?" I'm sure Cavaliers won't be the only Corps to face losing what was basically 2 classes of age-outs in one year and show up pretty young next year. 

Blue Devils march rookies every year.  The rookies are just seasoned rookies who have marched other corps for many seasons past. 

If a corps like Cavaliers have a lot of age-outs that is a testimony IMO to a strong retention program on their part. Good for them!  I feel that the Cavies being a top5/6 tier corps these days shouldn't have any problems finding seasoned talent to fill their ranks IMO.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I just don't think hardly any of the corps will have any trouble at all replacing age-outs, Popcorn. The best talent will still go where it wants to go. If corps can produce shows like we've seen this year in 3 weeks with a lot of age-outs, their outstanding organizations will find a way. 

Bloo is very vet light this year, which bodes well for next year.

35 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Is there a corps from Tampa Bay?  They seem to be winning most things this year.

I don’t think so.  It’s swamp hot and rains almost every day in July and August.  And some dude named Fred is going to show up for the weekend. 

• Like 1

We could all go into exact placements, but I think if this year was judged Boston would've won with the groups that were in Indy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Bloo is very vet light this year, which bodes well for next year.

Maybe, but they also had a huge class of age-outs. 86! It will be rebuilding for all next year.