If the corps WERE being judged this year...

Just now, Weaklefthand4ever said:

This year has been the insanity of bunny births. I guess the rabbits got bored during lockdown as well. I couldn't even mow the lawn last week due to tons of baby rabbits all over the yard. You can keep the red tide and I'll stick with the sewage smell of the river. 

I have my pet gekko on the lanai.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

This year has been the insanity of bunny births. I guess the rabbits got bored during lockdown as well. I couldn't even mow the lawn last week due to tons of baby rabbits all over the yard. You can keep the red tide and I'll stick with the sewage smell of the river. 

If you would have mowed the lawn anyway, you would have had your own red tide!  

• Haha 3

On 8/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, ibexpercussion said:

We could all go into exact placements, but I think if this year was judged Boston would've won with the groups that were in Indy.

I thought so based upon overall section performance. But who really knows. Dont know these podcast guys from a hole in the wall, at the end of their podcast here the two would have given the Sanford for best percussion in DCI among the touring corps this summer to Boston.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to be in a suite this year and I watched every corps perform as well as the crowd reaction. I especially watched "The Blast Zone" which is made up of many alumni of two corps that weren't in Indy this year.

This year was about celebrating DCI and performing for the crowd. I am not a judge and don't claim to be one.  Three corps made "The Blast Zone" get on their feet multiple times during their show with :babies: before the final note.  Those corps were Regiment, Cadets and Cavies.

Judged or not judged, these three were the medalists based on the format this year.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 8

51 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I was lucky enough to be in a suite this year and I watched every corps perform as well as the crowd reaction. I especially watched "The Blast Zone" which is made up of many alumni of two corps that weren't in Indy this year.

This year was about celebrating DCI and performing for the crowd. I am not a judge and don't claim to be one.  Three corps made "The Blast Zone" get on their feet multiple times during their show with :babies: before the final note.  Those corps were Regiment, Cadets and Cavies.

Judged or not judged, these three were the medalists based on the format this year.

I wasn't there in person. However, Cavies and Phantom seemed electric even off of youtube videos I have seen of the finals night performances. Did not get that same feeling from Cadets. Wish I got to see Cadets in person

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I wasn't there in person. However, Cavies and Phantom seemed electric even off of youtube videos I have seen of the finals night performances. Did not get that same feeling from Cadets. Wish I got to see Cadets in person

Cadets had two :babies: moments at "The Oil Can" during their performance.  The condensed "Z-Pull" and the "Hand-on-the-shoulder Company Front" near the end of their show.  You probably couldn't see the crowd reaction on the video feed.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Flo Marching's national fan poll however had the Madison Scouts as the 2nd most favored Corps show this summer among the fans in this season of DCI Celebration.  Troopers and Pacific Crest shows were also in the top 5 as most liked as the fans favorite shows this summer . Cavies, Boston, Bluecoats, Crown, BK, Blue Stars, et al were not " medalists " with the fans of the corps that performed on field exhibitions this summer according to their national fan poll " under this format ". So go figure.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Flo Marching's national fan poll however had the Madison Scouts as the 2nd most favored Corps show this summer among the fans in this season of DCI Celebration.  Troopers and Pacific Crest shows were also in the top 5 as most liked as the fans favorite shows this summer . Cavies, Boston, Bluecoats, Crown, BK, Blue Stars, et al were not " medalists " with the fans of the corps that performed on field exhibitions this summer according to their national fan poll " under this format ". So go figure.

I thought the Scouts had their best show in a few years. Yeah, it was dirty but lots of fun. 

• Like 5

Again, the judging thing would have been difficult this year. Not everyone came out with a show to be judged. My favorites just from a personal level were Phantom, Cadets, Boston, Bluecoats, Cavaliers. In some order that might have been my top 5. But Spirit of Atlanta blew me away as well. Their guard was wonderful. BK and Blue Stars were fantastic. My girlfriend loved Blue Stars because she loves Broadway and definitely loves "Into The Heights." Perhaps the most improved show of the summer was the Madison Scouts. 

In terms of sheer talent and excellence across all captions I'd say Bluecoats and Boston stood out. Not a surprise there. Cavaliers really stood out to me too in terms of talent in the brass and percussion. Their overall show was not designed to compete but blow the house down (which they did). 

In the end none of our thoughts on scoring mean much. I know my ranking would likely be wrong. What else is new? 🙂 It was a lot of fun and the corps were amazing this summer. 

Definitely excited for 2022 with hopefully a full field of corps and a full national tour. Scoring or no scoring a full tour will be a thrill to see and hear again. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1