If the corps WERE being judged this year...

On 8/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, 84BDsop said:

Any guesses on placement?

In a massive Freudian slip, Blue Devils won all captions without even attending....

• Haha 4

Blue Devils will no doubt be taking marchers from the " fan favorite Corps" into their ranks next summer to help them to continue to win with the Judges.

DCI prides itself on embracing " change ".. but some things never change, ie... like the annual 40 + year pilgrimage by the young. talented and motivated to Concord, Calif in their search for the Holy Grail... another BD Championship. lol.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Blue Devils will no doubt be taking marchers from the " fan favorite Corps" into their ranks next summer to help them to continue to win with the Judges.

DCI prides itself on embracing " change ".. but some things never change, ie... like the annual 40 + year pilgrimage by the young. talented and motivated to Concord, Calif in their search for the Holy Grail... another BD Championship. lol.

so you hate BD and most of modern drum corps. got it

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

So, this is our future….

Like that show itself wasn't enough to bring a tear of joy to your eye. That's absolutely beautiful. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

So, this is our future….

saw this and loved it

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

So, this is our future….

Not sure she actually knows what's going on, but the enthusiasm and passion is what every performer dreams of in an audience reaction.  I'm sorry to see that none of the adults around her seem to notice a drum corps show is going on...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

So, this is our future….

A few years back I was at a show where Legends was competing. Two people in front of me had a son who played contra/tuba. They were joined by a daughter and two young boys about 5 and 7. The boys got all excited when the corps took the field, tried to find their uncle, and really got into the show. Couldn’t help but think they were now hooked for life. I bet the same can be said of this young girl too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Not sure she actually knows what's going on, but the enthusiasm and passion is what every performer dreams of in an audience reaction.  I'm sorry to see that none of the adults around her seem to notice a drum corps show is going on...

when i took my daughter to her first show, any around her were more taken with her reactions than what was on the field. why? her genuine emotion. yeah she had seen stuff online, but theres nothing like live.

• Like 5