If the corps WERE being judged this year...

32 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

That scoring gives people context and influences crowd reaction in Indy - some of these crowd favorites were just filthy dirty and would not have had quite the crowd reaction with a 75 ish score attached to them 

Agreed. But what I found most interesting was that without the scores the crowd was more willing to support the corps that were not their “own”. The standing O’s were amazing on Saturday. I guarantee you that if this was a true Finals night the mid show and on your feet with a minute to go ovations would’ve been minimal. It’s like corps supporters feel if they stand for another corps the judges might change the scores. That’s why I get enjoyment watching and listening to the shows after the season, the thought of scoring is not at the back of my mind. We do need the scores though, there’s nothing like walking into LOS on Finals night knowing corps are separated by tenths of points. It’s electric.

Also on your point…some of the crowd favorites were dirty but also the show designs to the sheets would’ve had them slotted into positions it would’ve been hard to climb from. The biggest challenge for those corps designers in 2022 will be to develop a show that doesn’t rely on nostalgia. It’s problems with show design the three corps have had recently. You don’t want to play catch up all season.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Also on your point…some of the crowd favorites were dirty but also the show designs to the sheets would’ve had them slotted into positions it would’ve been hard to climb from. The biggest challenge for those corps designers in 2022 will be to develop a show that doesn’t rely on nostalgia. It’s problems with show design the three corps have had recently. You don’t want to play catch up all season.

That’s my point….maybe the sheets need to be more reflective of what the crowd responds to. As for dirty??? Can’t use that as an excuse in a shortened season. There were performance glitches in every show but had each unit had a full season to clean then that argument holds water. Now,  as for the nostalgia comment, maybe it’s nostalgia for recognizable music. I am curious to know the number of butts in the seats who were old enough to remember “the nostalgia” shows when they were au courant. Seems to me all ages enjoyed these “throwback shows”. Maybe because they were entertained by the music?

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm not a judge, no idea how I'd score the shows, but I do know that Phantom, Cavies, and Blue Knights were my favorites by far 

• Like 2

Just for fun, I will say that Pacific Crest, Troopers, Mandarins, Phantom and Cadets would have been my top 5.  But if there were judges, of course none of what we saw and heard would have happened.  But, that is why this was such a special season.  We all walk away with our favorites and we can have one year without complaining about the judging!  

On 8/17/2021 at 8:29 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Low property taxes and some have no state income taxes?  Bigger house here, more land, and lower property taxes. 

Eastern Tennessee is beautiful.  That was our second choice (the Knoxville area) but it still snows there so that tipped it in for Floriduh.  

You still could have moved to Chattanooga Terri. We have a low cost of living, an insanely over priced aquarium, the lovely festering smell of the mighty Tennessee river and 1,000,000% humidity.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

You still could have moved to Chattanooga Terri. We have a low cost of living, an insanely over priced aquarium, the lovely festering smell of the mighty Tennessee river and 1,000,000% humidity.

I have all that fun stuff here.  Except red tide here.  😂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have all that fun stuff here.  Except red tide here.  😂 

This year has been the insanity of bunny births. I guess the rabbits got bored during lockdown as well. I couldn't even mow the lawn last week due to tons of baby rabbits all over the yard. You can keep the red tide and I'll stick with the sewage smell of the river. 

• Haha 1