DCI Celebration - Akron: August 9th

I love this Bloo show, but I must say the trumpet solo's were on the struggle bus tonight.  Their lips are probably shot, but overall Bloo nailed it.  

10 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Ok I will remind you that it takes strobe lights to be distracting when you and most people complain next season about some wall or prop like people do every season!  Blue coats moving ramps, cadets staircase to heaven, crown’s rocking seesaw. There will always be complaints about props. 😉

Some advice from a long time Cadets fan, don't take it personally when people don't like something about a show, lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, B-Flat said:

I love this Bloo show, but I must say the trumpet solo's were on the struggle bus tonight.  Their lips are probably shot, but overall Bloo nailed it.  

Yes . Noticed that too . All corps were good tonite , but with the small crowd and after Allentown electricity , corps were flat . Very good still however .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Some advice from a long time Cadets fan, don't take it personally when people don't like something about a show, lol

Ohhh as someone who started with an open class corps before making his way up, I don’t take in personal when people have judgements.  But I try to make a point to call things out when needed.  

29 minutes ago, Liahona said:

WOW!  Boston that had to be your best performance this season....and for the first time I actually thought the screens were more complimentary to the show....I love the integration of this HUGE guard in the show..and WOW that brass is in full gear...Guard work just incredible!

So proud oif everyone that were part of this show! 

Boston would have won tonite if this was judged ( just my opinion ) as they had a better run tonite than the Bluecoats and both are close already in overall show design construction , musically and visually 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

that was a bit of a rough run for Cadets 

It was . But they still have a fabulous show that is highly entertaining and they appear to me to have a very young corps in their ranks . They pulled off this tradition based show with the iconic cadets songs from the past very , VERY well this summer . Loved  seeing them return  to their iconic uniform and corps colors this season and hope to see them again in them  next season . 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, B-Flat said:

Pretty sure at this point we could all go and record with our camera phones and edit it and put together a better viewing with audio than Flo.  Its just pathetic that we have to endure this nonsense.  🤬

I thought  I heard a rumor that Flo is already using cell phones tied with rope and scotch tape to their cameras to save money on the audio/,visual recording of these DCI shows . 😏

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 2