MASKS AT INDY

3 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

Mask protection is an opinion. No consensus on the ever changing science. Show the studies that definitively prove masks work? Leading guy said no then yes. opinions everywhere. 

I really don’t want to get into this, because it’s really just a bunch of reactionary nonsense, but here’s details of 49 peer-reviewed studies on the effectiveness of masking.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/do-face-masks-work-here-are-49-scientific-studies-that-explain-why-they-do/amp/

I understand that it’s been politicized to death, but the science is very much there and there is an apparent consensus on the matter. Even if we’re not sure they work, it’s better safe than sorry. There’s literally no downside. I will for sure be wearing mine to Indy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

Mask protection is an opinion. No consensus on the ever changing science. Show the studies that definitively prove masks work? Leading guy said no then yes. opinions everywhere. 

Masking isn't covid. He did indeed provide his own thoughts on masking, and he provided facts about covid. 

You use the term "every changing science" in a seemingly negative way. Indeed science-based understanding changes as new evidence is witnessed. This may require recommendations to change as well. Indeed mask protection is an opinion, but it's an overwhelmingly consensus opinion by those that are informed on the topic. 

Your tone leads me to believe you'll not ever be convinced. I hope you and those that you love stay safe.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Swamptihs said:

“Ever changing science” yeah as we learn more about Covid and as Covid changes we #### well better realize that what was said at the beginning can change. And as this phase kicks in why think that what we need for precautions will not change?

• Like 4

Geeze. Not again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swamptihs said:

ever changing science

Congratulations on discovering the scientific method. May I present you with your middle school diploma?

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“Ever changing science” yeah as we learn more about Covid and as Covid changes we #### well better realize that what was said at the beginning can change. And as this phase kicks in why think that what we need for precautions will not change?

Just keep thinking of one of the worst doctors we ever ran into. Guy kept talking about how many years he had been doing his specialty. After we got to the car I finally was able to say: “And when he got his MD x years ago was probably the LAST time he learned anything new”. 
One of the big reasons we switched to doctors who work at a university based teaching hospital group. They have to stay up to date. You just have to get used to a longer than usual appointment as usually get a “doctor in training” tagging along.