Sad That After 5 Years FLO Cant't Get Right - Still 4 Years To GO

26 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Why would Flo care anyway?  They don't need to perform better as they have a long-term contract...with not really any other options for DCI even if they wanted to get out of it...Where do they go to get a better product?  Last I looked there were not too many alternatives?

Flo Marching is DCI’s  contract version of NY Yankees contract with Giancarlo Stanton . Both Flo and the NY Yankees have this deadwood on the field until 2026 . 

Edited by Boss Anova

So let's fix it.

First step is to oust Dan Acheson and install new leadership in DCI.

• Like 2

If I had my pick of everyone in the Pagentry Arts community, I would pick...................

Ready for this.....?

I would nominate Denise Bonfiglio in a 'heartbeat'.

Denise Bonfiglio - DCI Hall of Fame - Drum Corps International
https://www.dci.org/static/denise-bonfiglio

Denise Bonfiglio
Inducted in 2016
Many know her as the daughter of George Bonfiglio, founder of the 27th Lancers Drum and Bugle Corps and founding father of Drum Corps International. However, Denise Bonfiglio has paved her own impressive path through the drum corps activity via a career that’s already lasted more than 50 years.

Growing up on the east coast, Bonfiglio joined the Immaculate Conception Reveries before becoming a member of her father’s 27th Lancers. She excelled as a member of the corps’ color guard and stayed on as an instructor after aging out, teaching the unit’s legendary rifle line.

“During those years she worked with George Zingali, Peggy Twiggs and George Bonfiglio,” said 2015 DCI Hall of Fame inductee William Harty. “Together they created the success of the 27th Lancers, winning the hearts and respect of everyone who watched them perform.”

After the 27th Lancers ceased operations as a DCI drum corps in 1986, Bonfiglio brought her talents to other corps, including the Garfield Cadets and Star of Indiana. In 1987, she spearheaded the reintroduction of a rifle line into the Cadets’ color guard section.

Bonfiglio worked with the 1987 Cadets to shape an inexperienced group of performers into a cohesive and competitive unit. Among the members she taught to spin a rifle that year was April Gilligan, who became a Bonfiglio protégé and later led corps’ color guard section as caption head.

“Not having a clue even how to hold the rifle, it was going to be a long summer,” Gilligan remembered when first meeting Bonfiglio in ‘87. “She had no idea what she was up against in having to teach me, but her teaching style was soft and quiet, yet powerful, with results as we went on to win the DCI Championship.”

Since the 2000s, Bonfiglio has worked with Santa Clara Vanguard and in recent years has served as the corps’ staff coordinator. In that position she plays an important role as a liaison and facilitator between the organization’s design staff, instructional staff, and management and administrative teams.

In parallel with her drum corps activities, Bonfiglio has also been a widely regarded and respected individual within the Winter Guard International community. In 2000, she was inducted into the WGI Hall of Fame. In 2006, she was instrumental in reinstating the Santa Clara Vanguard Winter Guard program, an award-winning group with which she currently serves as director.

With an eye on the past and one on the future, Bonfiglio co-founded the 27th Lancers Foundation with her sister Janine McWilliams. The non-profit organization, in honor of their late parents George and Patsy, raises funds to provide scholarships awarded to DCI corps members on an annual basis.

And therein is perhaps Bonfiglio’s greatest achievement in drum corps—her willingness to teach and mentor up-and-coming talent while planting the seeds for future generations of corps members to perform and thrive.

She grew up in Drum Corps.

She managed the Santa Clara Vanguards origanizition for a brrief stint. The she went to the Cadets and brought them back to life after the "GH" scandels.

She is a DCI Hall of Fame inductee from 2016.

She would be perfect for the job.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TenHut said:

It is long past time for new blood and leadership at DCI. They need to send Ach packing.

you do realize Dan follows the boards orders right?

that said i am done watching for the season. Flo hasn't buffered as much as the past but the sound absolutely sucks

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

That is my point.  Flo does not care because they have a long-term contract, signed by Dan Acheson.

Further, as long as DCI produces DVD's/Blueray Dvd's with edited sound (removed), creating "partial show" disc's with edited material removed, DCI and it's affiliates will cease to exist.

Again: unless changes happen;

Drum Corps is Dead.

well, then bye

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

that said i am done watching for the season. Flo hasn't buffered as much as the past but the sound absolutely sucks

Well then, the problem may be deeper than we know. Let's investigate DCI BOD and clean house! I would like to see the activity stay alive and we need to get competent people in place to take the activity into the next decade.

• Thanks 1

Jeff said: that said i am done watching for the season. Flo hasn't buffered as much as the past but the sound absolutely sucks

But what about us who did not subscribe to this cut-rate service. Will DCI produce DVD's for us to buy. Will they be full audio and full sound?

I can easiily download youtube videos before they are are taken down by DCI, FloMarching and others, But why should I have to do that. If I'm willing to to buy a DVD which is the same as buying a ticket........that should be be end of question.

6 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Jeff said: that said i am done watching for the season. Flo hasn't buffered as much as the past but the sound absolutely sucks

But what about us who did not subscribe to this cut-rate service. Will DCI produce DVD's for us to buy. Will they be full audio and full sound?

I can easiily download youtube videos before they are are taken down by DCI, FloMarching and others, But why should I have to do that. If I'm willing to to buy a DVD which is the same as buying a ticket........that should be be end of question.

Is it possible for anyone to make dvds anymore with all the licensing problems and costs. DCA hasn’t sold DVDs or CDs for years.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I get that but even a legend like Joe Paterno didn’t survive the Penn State scandal.  Yet, here we are. 

And I read some pretty disturbing stuff where he was calling things “old news” and it seemed (seems) as if he just waited for things to blow over.   His unresponsiveness to Tricia Nadolny was concerning. He doesn’t seem to be very proactive.  Plenty reactive, however. 

• Like 3