Sad That After 5 Years FLO Cant't Get Right - Still 4 Years To GO

I used to love to HEAR the " high brass" in drum corps..don't hear that as much..FLO has not helped fill this void

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

First DCA show of the season was a disaster by BOX 5. Horrible interface!

Box5 said they got hit with an attack that overwhelmed their system. But still having freeze up problems couple times a week. 
Still can’t understand how I have watched about 6 football playoff games from Div II and Div III colleges online and absolutely no issues. And that Div III college stadium ain’t exactly built for high tech.

I manage vendors for a living.  I'd never award a contract that long, first.  And second, there would be penalties and bonuses based on performance.  In this case, I'd require a formal survey of paying customers, managed by a 3rd party, and reduce or increase the compensation (or flow through of revenue to DCI) based on those results.  It drives accountability and forces vendors to step up.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

I manage vendors for a living.  I'd never award a contract that long, first.  And second, there would be penalties and bonuses based on performance.  In this case, I'd require a formal survey of paying customers, managed by a 3rd party, and reduce or increase the compensation (or flow through of revenue to DCI) based on those results.  It drives accountability and forces vendors to step up.

Experience, reality and foresight.

Thank god for people who've uploaded their personal video recordings of the corps touring currently.The visual and sound quality are far superior to that of FLO..though they may not stay up for long, they represent the season far better than........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

Thank god for people who've uploaded their personal video recordings of the corps touring currently.The visual and sound quality are far superior to that of FLO..though they may not stay up for long, they represent the season far better than........

Watching some of them now. This one person on YouTube has far superior video than FLO.   You aren’t  lying. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

I sent a complaint to Flo, outlining my frustration with their inconsistency from show to show.  They got back to me fast and wanted me to cite examples of problems. Which I did. Easy enough.  As I told them, I don't want to cancel or get a refund (yet).  I just want qualified attention to the problem and a cure put in place so that I can be assured that the quality is reasonable before the shows this weekend.

Similar complaints also sent to DCI.

Not sure I really expect a miracle.  But it felt better telling them that the ability to shoot/broadcast a car race or track event is different than what is needed with respect to musical performances.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Is it possible for anyone to make dvds anymore with all the licensing problems and costs. DCA hasn’t sold DVDs or CDs for years.

This year will be interesting.  It is my understanding that Tom Blair will not be involved this year, so the stuff recored by Flo may be all there is.  And if the audio on DVDs is as abysmal as on the stuff Flo is streaming, then DCI (& by extension, the Corps) may not sell many.  The loss of $ may force a change at the top...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I get that but even a legend like Joe Paterno didn’t survive the Penn State scandal.  Yet, here we are. 

And I read some pretty disturbing stuff where he was calling things “old news” and it seemed (seems) as if he just waited for things to blow over.   His unresponsiveness to Tricia Nadolny was concerning. He doesn’t seem to be very proactive.  Plenty reactive, however. 

Dan Acheson is no Joe Paterno ($0.02 to Lloyd Benson)

• Haha 3