Sad That After 5 Years FLO Cant't Get Right - Still 4 Years To GO

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I had to stop Jim from throwing someone over the railing because they asked us for our tickets for our seats when we asked them to move when we returned from a break.  

that happened my one trip to Indy. I pulled mine out then asked to see theirs. they mumbled, one made a comment about fake tickets, and i let him know i now had his name and section based on his corps jacket and once he let me sit in my seat i'd be emailing his director.

they moved fast

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Jeff Ream replied cd's and dvd's tho the dvd's have some licensing related edits

My Response:
I have repeatedly admonished DCI & Dan Acheson about the issue of licensing content for DCI DVD/BluRay distribution.

See this Article:
Music, Money, Success & the Movies: Part One
https://www.ascap.com/help/music-business-101/music-money-success-movies

I know of no current performer or group who has ever produced a CD/DVD for distrobution who have released the disc with editied sound, and we are talking about the top 25-50 performers and bands worldwide.

It appears to be a case of the 'rights' worth and what the performimg performer is willing to pay.

Agiain, I call for Dan Acheson's dismissal as he as again failed as CEO of DCI for failing to promote the activity of DCI, including the creation/issue of DvD's of recorded contest's without restricted edits (because it was financially better deal for DCI.

When DCI releases a DVD, they do a sort run, sell out, and no-reprints are availible.

It would seem to me, that if DCI truly wanted to develop the activity and a fan base, they would make every effort available to provide past recordings of shows as video/audio availible such as content produced by Fleetwood Records.  Forget the Dog & Pony show to introduce IE, Drum Battle, Small Corps, etc..

Lets' experience each season of the available corp's for the top of the season and present them in the most favorable way possible cd/dvd/video clips on social media.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

their Facebook page has been brutal the last week, and not one comment from anyone at Flo.

my experience is if they arent blaming you and whatever technology you're using, they just say nothing

It definitely isn’t my equipment.  I have bluestream fiber and a brand new router that’s a blowtorch.  Plus a new smart tv. 

7 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Jeff Ream replied cd's and dvd's tho the dvd's have some licensing related edits

My Response:
I have repeatedly admonished DCI & Dan Acheson about the issue of licensing content for DCI DVD/BluRay distribution.

See this Article:
Music, Money, Success & the Movies: Part One
https://www.ascap.com/help/music-business-101/music-money-success-movies

I know of no current performer or group who has ever produced a CD/DVD for distrobution who have released the disc with editied sound, and we are talking about the top 25-50 performers and bands worldwide.

It appears to be a case of the 'rights' worth and what the performimg performer is willing to pay.

Agiain, I call for Dan Acheson's dismissal as he as again failed as CEO of DCI for failing to promote the activity of DCI, including the creation/issue of DvD's of recorded contest's without restricted edits (because it was financially better deal for DCI.

When DCI releases a DVD, they do a sort run, sell out, and no-reprints are availible.

It would seem to me, that if DCI truly wanted to develop the activity and a fan base, they would make every effort available to provide past recordings of shows as video/audio availible such as content produced by Fleetwood Records.  Forget the Dog & Pony show to introduce IE, Drum Battle, Small Corps, etc..

Lets' experience each season of the available corp's for the top of the season and present them in the most favorable way possible cd/dvd/video clips on social media.

Demonstrating a complete lack of experience or knowledge about how the world of rights works. If the rights holders say "no", their word is the law, literally. 

BTW, the guys who ran companies like Fleetwood, where they made a profit off the corps' performances and paid nothing, were a prime element in the decision of the major corps to create DCI. 

Edited by Slingerland

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It definitely isn’t my equipment.  I have bluestream fiber and a brand new router that’s a blowtorch.  Plus a new smart tv. 

Okay, okay, okay Terri... we all know you have a new retirement setup.  Quit bragging!   :bleah:

• Haha 2

Credit when it's due. The sound on the Thursday show was good. 

• Like 1

I know that nostalgia is a significant part of this weekend's activities but please don't superimpose videos on our screens while Cadets are performing...The opener is important visually as it provides context for what comes after..If you want a historical review of Cadet excellence, show it while they're warming up, not when the narration starts..thank you

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

I know that nostalgia is a significant part of this weekend's activities but please don't superimpose videos on our screens while Cadets are performing...The opener is important visually as it provides context for what comes after..If you want a historical review of Cadet excellence, show it while they're warming up, not when the narration starts..thank you

I saw that on the Jumbotron in Lucas Oil.  The first thing that came to mind was wondering if it was on the FloMax* feed.  I knew some folks would probably be upset as would I.  (FloMarching non-subscriber since 2018.) 

*FloMax is actually a 'paradox' as 'FloMax' is design for smooth flow & continuous stream... :whistle: 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx