Sad That After 5 Years FLO Cant't Get Right - Still 4 Years To GO

Just now, Tony Flores said:

I use Android TV (Nvidia Shield) and flo doesn't make a native app so I have to Chromecast via my Android phone. 

Got it. I don’t ordinarily use a fire stick on this tv but if I use the Flo app on my smart tv, I have to mirror from my mobile device and I don’t want to do that.  Hence the fire stick. 

17 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Flo was good last night... Today, the app can't Chromecast the multi cam feed. 

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m using Amazon fire stick and it’s working. 

5 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I use Android TV (Nvidia Shield) and flo doesn't make a native app so I have to Chromecast via my Android phone. 

Ever been in a situation where you knew people were speaking English but still had no idea what they were talking about?

I, a Luddite, am feeling that way right now.  

• Haha 4

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Ever been in a situation where you knew people were speaking English but still had no idea what they were talking about?

I, a Luddite, am feeling that way right now.  

I cut the cord years ago and stream tv through YouTube tv.  No dish, no cable, just kick ### fiber with one gig network.  It’s magnificent. 

• Like 4

On 8/12/2021 at 2:04 AM, Rich Cline said:

Jeff Ream replied cd's and dvd's tho the dvd's have some licensing related edits

My Response:
I have repeatedly admonished DCI & Dan Acheson about the issue of licensing content for DCI DVD/BluRay distribution.

See this Article:
Music, Money, Success & the Movies: Part One
https://www.ascap.com/help/music-business-101/music-money-success-movies

I know of no current performer or group who has ever produced a CD/DVD for distrobution who have released the disc with editied sound, and we are talking about the top 25-50 performers and bands worldwide.

It appears to be a case of the 'rights' worth and what the performimg performer is willing to pay.

Agiain, I call for Dan Acheson's dismissal as he as again failed as CEO of DCI for failing to promote the activity of DCI, including the creation/issue of DvD's of recorded contest's without restricted edits (because it was financially better deal for DCI.

When DCI releases a DVD, they do a sort run, sell out, and no-reprints are availible.

It would seem to me, that if DCI truly wanted to develop the activity and a fan base, they would make every effort available to provide past recordings of shows as video/audio availible such as content produced by Fleetwood Records.  Forget the Dog & Pony show to introduce IE, Drum Battle, Small Corps, etc..

Lets' experience each season of the available corp's for the top of the season and present them in the most favorable way possible cd/dvd/video clips on social media.

DCi doesn't have the resources to pay for blanket rights to everything, and some rights owners won't give it or they have clauses that say they can veto things if they so wish. it's been covered to death on here as is the fact that Dan doesn't get to make many of the calls you proscribe him the power you think he has...but really doesn't.

and i'm not defending Dan. i'm stating bylaws

• Like 2

i logged in tonight ( i was at the beach Thursday and friday) and hands down the best audio and video of the season. 

sucks that i couldn't get that til finals night

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i logged in tonight ( i was at the beach Thursday and friday) and hands down the best audio and video of the season. 

sucks that i couldn't get that til finals night

Quality was good at my place too. Flo definitely had an A team that did some really good work this season. I know some of the midwest shows had excellent quality. I thought the Marion, IN show was really good, but on the same night the Centerville, OH show was really low volume in terms of audio. Hopefully Flo can expand their team and knowledge on setups. I'm sure some stadiums are just super difficult to get a good setup, which I know you are more aware than I am about things like that. Chances are good they will not cover some of those stadiums if we have a full season next year. 

• 2 weeks later...